Slimming world #3

(991 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Sun 19-May-13 21:48:12

Welcome one and all for our 3rd thread since jan 2013

Blondes is being very bad on holiday smile but once back in uk I shall be back on sw

'Plumps cushions' and hands out healthy sw snacks and wine

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 23-May-13 18:55:23

10 weeks is good - 12weeks is 1lb a week so anything less is a bonus as far as i am concerned smile

muminthecity Thu 23-May-13 20:00:40

Hello again Blondes and everyone else. I haven't been around much this week, work has taken over everything, but luckily things are slowing down now!

I had my WI Tuesday and lost another 3.5lbs. That's 22.5lbs in 5 weeks, which I am ecstatic about! Can't wait to get my 2 stone award now grin.

I had to grab lunch on the hop today from Tesco, used the slimming world website on my phone to find the lowest syn option. Ended up having a delicious Moroccan chicken and couscous salad for only 5 syns, a little pack of hoi sin duck sushi for 1.5 syns and a packet of mango. Was surprised I managed to find really filling ready made food for so few syns!

Huffpot Thu 23-May-13 20:03:28

usedtobethin A good meaty recipe that DP (also a carnivore) loves is pizza chicken.
Basically get a chicken breast, and bang it quite thin. Spread some tomato puree on it, sprinkle some garlic, basil and oregano on that then top with whatever pizza toppings you fancy ie mushroom, onion, peppers, ham, cheese and whack it in the oven for about 20 minutes on about gas 5 and it is lovely and really satisfying

Welcome back blondes

iklboo Thu 23-May-13 20:26:42

Thanks for the name check blondes. Good to have you back.

Had herby mince cous cous for tea tonight. Except we forgot the herbs. Oh well. Still tasted nice.

Got a wedding on Saturday. All dayer. Going to try to be good cos it's DH's birthday then holidays! Very naughty times ahead (food wise, I mean).

used2bthin Thu 23-May-13 20:32:08

Thank you blondes it had been coming off quite slowly so it is good to see a good loss, glad I skipped a weeks weigh in as it was somehow more motivating to see two weeks worth in one go, plus last week I was hormonal and bloated and thought I would become disheartened if I hadn't lost anything.

That chicken pizza sounds lovely! I think I will make that for me and the children one day and it can be a lighter meal for dh who would annoyingly still not think it would fill him up as its chicken! Argh!

used2bthin Thu 23-May-13 20:32:27

Meant to say thanks huffpot.

Loolah Thu 23-May-13 20:50:30

I've lost 3st 2lb since January ( I still need to lose at least another 3st hmm) I feel I've been really good but last week I stayed the same and this week only lost 0.5lb. Was gutted have decided to up the exercise to see if that helps??

3girls1madboy Thu 23-May-13 20:52:59

Hi all smile

Had a lovely, encouraging text from sw consultant this evening! That and this thread keep me motivated grin

Big milestone this week, I got into size 12 skinny jeans.....so chuffed with myself.

Keep going my lovelies it is worth it, and at the sake of sounding cheesy, so are we wink

Signed up today, think I'd like to lose 4 1/2 stones which seems a huge amount. Still, trying to think of it in small steps.

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 23-May-13 22:40:39

I am so envy at all you who have lost 2+ stone since jan

Not sure about chicken pizza - just sounds like chicken with toms and free toppings grin

Oh had cheeses buttery mash for tea and I didn't even lick the spoon smile

TheDetective Thu 23-May-13 22:44:35

I've just got my 1st tonight, 2lb off this week. 4 weeks in... still going strong.

I need to eat more superfree though. I think that is why this week and last week have only seen 1-2lb losses.

I'm going to up the game this week and see what happens! I would like 4lb off this week please!

I gained 1st 10lb in 9 weeks. So I'd like it off just as quick please!

TheDetective Thu 23-May-13 22:46:06

I had a toastie for tea tonight. I used my HEB as bread and HEA as cheese, popped some weight watchers bacon on it and had it with 2 fried eggs to dip it in. Was utterly delish, and totally free.

I can't wait for another tomorrow!!!!

I'd have that for lunch but with some grilled tomatoes and mushroom, or a salad. Would be yum!

Curlywurlysareyum Thu 23-May-13 23:05:42

Lost 2.5 this week. So pleased.

If I get 2 off per week I could be at target for my hols. Haven't felt this good in ten years I'm so happy. Making good choices - resisted a mc ds yest while kids had one. Realising I would rather send my syns on things I really want rather than waste them.

Starting to write stuff down this week as I'm finding old habits slipping in.

3grls - well done!!!

Littlemouse - how did u do?

Used2bethin - I get weeks were I really struggle and stay same or go up one then down 1 - it's so hard to pull yourself out of it but I find once I do then I usually have a good few weeks of weight loss until it happens again! It's just looking at the overall weight loss and not dwelling too much on one bad week.

Curlywurlysareyum Thu 23-May-13 23:09:45

Usedtobethin - sorry I didn't read ur last post saying u had lost - that's fab well done smile

buzzgirly Fri 24-May-13 07:59:25

Ok if I join? I think I posted on the last thread.

I joined SW in January and got my 1 1/2 in early April and I can't seem to get past it! I seem to have lost my motivation even though I've got another 1 1/2 stones to go.

Please help motivate me again!

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 24-May-13 08:54:35

Oh god. Gain of 5 lbs sad

But was a fab holiday smile

Now to try and shift a stone before end of July and my 40th - have a new snazzy black and silver dress to wear so hope it fits me now sad

Good Lisa's detective and yummy sandwich using a and b

Curly - well done on loss

Welcome back buzz

obrigada Fri 24-May-13 10:51:06

Ok if I join? Meal planning is my main downfall, can anyone tell me how they go about planning their meals for the week?

IsaacCox Fri 24-May-13 13:43:31

10 weeks is great Jennifer smile

Well done on all the fab losses smile

I'm sure that 5 lbs will come off easily Blondes

I decided yesterday that I really needed to up my water intake. I filled a 2L bottle with water and sugar free juice (hopefully will be able to stand just water soon) and had it through the day and am doing the same for the rest of the week to see if it helps. I usually only have 2 drinks a day but it wasn't so hard to have 2L.

Hope everyone is having a good day smile

Huffpot Fri 24-May-13 14:55:11

isaac Im awful and rarely drink so will be interested to see how you go next WI

blonde I put on 4 just pigging out at home so you did well!grin

Well, I put on another half pound on Wednesday. But have my TOTM at last, so that should hopefully fall away come next weigh in. I've also been insanely good.

Have bought new digital scales to make weighing my cereal and other weigh-ables easier.

Breakfast - 30g All Bran Golden Crunch + 250ml semi-skimmed milk
Lunch - Well, it was breakfast really, had at around 11.30
Dinner - Lemon Sole with mash and veggies.
Snacks - so far, some blueberries and raspberries

Am I right in thinking I can snack on fruit & veg all day if I want to?

laughalot Sat 25-May-13 18:10:20

Hi everyone

Stayed the same this week I am desperate to get under 12st now argh !!!! 6 weeks today until im on the way to Turkey this weight must go grin.

MrsFrederickWentworth Sat 25-May-13 18:22:24

I need to lose masses.

A friend has done sw v successfully, can you recommend?

I have a shitty stressful life atm with no prospect if it changing and I eat and drink when stressed.

Can't face going to meetings and dont have time. So would be on line.

Views? Advice?

I go to a group, so slightly different, but I can definitely recommend the plan. Once you get over the fact that you can snack on certain things as much as you want to, and you don't have to count calories, it's easy to follow.

I find the group invaluable for the support, but if you can't get to one, give online a go.

MrsHelsBels yep, most fruit and veg is free, so snack away! grin

I'm finding this week a lot easier as I'm not out and about, which is when my willpower slides into the gutter and I eat junk. Working on that, but it's a very old habit so it'll take a while.

I'm desperate to get my stone award, only 4.5lbs to go after that pound gained over the past 2 weeks.

laughalot Sat 25-May-13 20:10:44

I started on the 7th Jan doing the plan on my own ordered the books off ebay. I weighed 14st 5lb I am now 12st 3lb with willpower it can be done you do have to bein the right frame of mind grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now