Slimming world #3

(991 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Sun 19-May-13 21:48:12

Welcome one and all for our 3rd thread since jan 2013

Blondes is being very bad on holiday smile but once back in uk I shall be back on sw

'Plumps cushions' and hands out healthy sw snacks and wine

Dawndonna Sat 15-Jun-13 22:33:31

So today:
B - Fruit, fruit and more fruit, grapes and melon in the main.
L - Bread (HE 1 slice 400g wholemeal loaf) smoked salmon and scrambled egg.
T - Peppered mackeral, potato salad with extra light mayo and salad.

Snacks: chicken ham, strawberries, grapes.

Syns: 1 Alpen light, cherry bakewell, (3) 1 Muller light greek strawberry with half a meringue crushed into it (3) and a small piece of Turron = 10 all together.

trinitybleu Sat 15-Jun-13 22:48:27

May I join in? and OH too really.

He's lost 4lbs in 3 days and always looses well on SW. I tend to have good days and bad days. I have so much to loose I get demotivated - it's going to be years until I am anything like slim ... sad

Today we have had:
B - Alpen Light
L - Minestrone Mugshot, Mullerlight
D - salmon fillets in soy sauce, ginger and chilli with stir fry veg and noodles
Supper - cheese, ham, gherkins, pickled onions, apple ... basically a mini ploughmans!

I've had some Haribo (7 syns), 10 cal jelly (1/2 syn) and 2 mini Crunchies (7 syns).

My snacks

TheDetective Sat 15-Jun-13 22:50:14

B: 3 quorn low fat sausages, 2 fried eggs and 2 wholemeal 400g toast (HEB). Banana.
L: Chicken skewers and a pear.
D: Diet pepsi chicken, with extra peppers and mushroom in it, plus courgette, cherry tomatoes and baby sweetcorn roasted, and some sweet potato wedges. To make up from the lack of superfree with previous meals!

I ate all the veg, and left some of the diet pepsi chicken shock which is unlike me!

Syns: Highlights sachet (with 250ml semi skimmed milk HEA), kit kat and 2 hi fi light bars.

I was really hungry today, could of eaten so much more. Have restrained myself.

Got 23.5 syns to use for dinner tomorrow. Still haven't a clue what to go for to stay with in my syns. sad

Daisy1407 Sat 15-Jun-13 22:57:32

Hope u all had a lovely evening!
I was good tonight after I had one large red wine (8 I think) then chicken jawfrezi (8 I think) with boiled rice (freeeee)
Oh and a tiny bit of a popadom (about 1 I reckon)
So for a sat night I'm pretty pleased with myself!

Quick question - I'm over my dads Tomo for a beef dinner however my Stepmum is roastie mad and Yorkshire pudding mad - I've asked for boiled potatoes but I will need to have a few roasties and possibly 1 Yorkshire pud!?
How bad is gravy? Her gravy is the BEST x

Help me with syns xx

Hi everyone

I am halfway through week one of SW. I am doing SW online as I can't get to meetings. I want to lose a 1st 9lb to get down to 12st as an interim goal. I am 5'9" and it has been so long since I was 12st that I can't remember what it looks like on me, so will decide ultimate goal when I get there smile

Any tips on low syn treats ...? I am eating SO much fruit which is nice and all but would like something a bit more .... Erm ...Bad for me grin

I thought I'd have a little kinder choc stick earlier in the week and I was shocked that it was 6 syns!!!

TheDetective Sun 16-Jun-13 09:02:54

My personal favourites so far are... 1 Jaffa cake (2.5) 1 pink n White (2.5) 1 11.5g sachet of sugar free jelly (1.5 for whole lot!!) orange solero (90ml bar) (4.5), highlights sachet cadburys caramel or hazelnut (2) 2 finger kit kat (5.5).

Double check the syn values for the brand/size you have smile

IsaacCox Sun 16-Jun-13 09:06:54

Hi Yoni smile

My favourite low syn treats are a freddo that's been in the fridge (5 syns), a frozen curly wurly, so that I can break it into bits and it takes longer to eat (6 syns), mini meringues (1.5 for 2), flumps (1.5), Mikado sticks (0.5 each), 28g chocolate raisins (6) or 28g- which is 9 sweets- of foam banana sweets (5)

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 16-Jun-13 09:14:22

Welcome trinity - good luck to you and oh

Yummy but bad snacks - hmmmm - people rave bout curly wirlies - I like crisps and generally have the 4 syns varieties like wosit waffles - noughts and crosses - ringos

Did have Chinese last night - tho ate about 1/4 of what oh did

2 chicken balls in batter
1/2 beef chow mien
1/2 scollops in salt and pepper
1/4 crisply chilli beef

Washed down with a pint of Pepsi max

Bad blondes sad

Today off to beefeater and taking daddy blondes out (and mummy blondes) wish it was the harvester as then could fill up on free salad - like I did Friday

Bad week for eating out sad will have to be supergood tomorrow to Thursday and eat tons of salad and use barely any syns

Will report back after lunch - have a good day all x

trinitybleu Sun 16-Jun-13 09:48:13

My fave treat are Mini Milks - 1.5 syns I think. But also cold Curly Wurly, low cal jelly, low syn crisps etc.!

onceipopicantstop Sun 16-Jun-13 10:34:14

The salt and vinegar popcorn was bought from ocado - will try and find brand name.

IsaacCox Sun 16-Jun-13 10:45:48

I've just gotta say- I love this 'diet'. I had a takeaway last night and a bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast today grin

onceipopicantstop Sun 16-Jun-13 10:51:52

It was Love Da Popcorn Sea salt and balsamic vinegar flavour but looks like its only available in Waitrose at the moment. Just worked out that the whole (90g) bag - about the size of a large bag of kettle chips IYKWIM - is 24 syns, so 6-7 syns for 25g I think. That would be a decent portion though as quite a large bag.

minibmw2010 Sun 16-Jun-13 11:48:25

Just made Blondes Quiche, absolutely delicious and completely free! Thank you !! smile

melliebobs Sun 16-Jun-13 12:55:46

As for the snacks I posted a few pages back that I chopped a mars bar into 2syn portions and froze them. Just enough for a chocolatie fix and lasts just as long as a whole bar!

WI tommorow and then I've done my first week so will be looking into different treats etc smile

Daisy1407 Sun 16-Jun-13 13:32:37

Would u say 10 Syns for gravy, 2 roast potatoes and a small Yorkshire pud? X

Dawndonna Sun 16-Jun-13 14:45:54

Well, tomorrow is weigh in. Since I got on my scales on Wednesday to discover I had gained 3lbs since Monday, despite sticking to plan, the scales at home have not shifted, which means they will show a 3lb gain tomorrow at weigh in. I am really hacked off, and I still haven't gone off plan in a sulk, although the temptation to do so is phenomenal!

Daisy1407 Sun 16-Jun-13 15:22:13

Dawndonna - u poor thing! So annoying! Drink lots of water today and hopefully something will happen

So frustrating when this happens - try not to reach for naughty things x

Thanks for the welcome smile

Can I ask whether you all are doing extra easy or some combo of original/ green days?

I can't quite get my head round how you lose weight on extra easy!

Also, anyone have the recipe for Blondes quiche that I have seen mentioned a few times, but I'm on my phone and I have had no luck searching for it blush thanks thanks

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sun 16-Jun-13 16:16:56

I need to be 100% on plan from now to Wednesday. Was Ok last night - had a bean burger with half the bun and half a Twix. Fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and two mini pastries and a small packet of crisps on the train. Back home and need to eat fruit, I think!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 16-Jun-13 17:39:50

onceipop - thanks, love anything s&v - sometimes i have the s&v rivita minis for my b

mini - glad you love my quiche smile so simple, yummy, filling and free smile

DAISY - YORKIES ARE DECEIVING whoops hit caps, they are small but can be high syns, i generally have post as 2 each, gravy i think is 3 syns

dawn - stop weighing if not your wi - weight goes up and down each day

theyoni - i do ee, as most on here do, but not all -so thats not any help lol (sorry)

quiche a la blondes is so simple smile

3 eggs, tub of cottage cheese and then add what flavor you want, i make either salmon and brocolli, quiche lorraine ie ham, tuna

in all i usually add a chopped popper, red and yellow and an onion

mix all together and cook in a square glass dish for 30min on 180*

bunch - i also need to stick 1005 to the plan next 4 days as been out for meal recently

b all bran and banana and skim - a&b
l chicken and baocn cheese stack from beefeater -cheese i will have to syn 8 and then rice and salad
t spaghetti b full of veg smile

minibmw2010 Sun 16-Jun-13 18:07:48

Blondes, can the quiche be reheated?

laughalot Sun 16-Jun-13 18:14:07

Evening ladies great to hear about how well you have done. Keep remembering a loss is a loss. I lost 1lb this week which has finally taken me under the 12 stone mark yay. If thought I would share my weight loss pictures with you they are on my profile the top one was last July on holiday that is what spurred me on to start and diet the second one was taken last night 2 stone 6lb lighter smile

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 16-Jun-13 18:20:52

laughlaot, you are looking fab, though i know that anyway as stalk see your pics on fb smile - well done

mini - yes can be reheated,i find 30/60 secs in microwave is fine smile

laughalot Sun 16-Jun-13 18:29:38

Awww thanks blondes smile that pic makes me feel sick when I look how I let myself go so happy I did this diet.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 16-Jun-13 18:55:31

its working so well for you, we both started at the same time and im so envy of your 2 stone loss

im such a yo yo, plus find it hard to shift more then a lb most weeks and holiday always makes me gain sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now