welcome one and all wine and brew

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 25-Mar-13 12:33:31

sounds like me

b magic pancakes low fat yog (1) honey (1) fruit
l pastan and sauce
t diet coke chicken - love this sooooooooooooooooo much

GirlFryDay Mon 25-Mar-13 13:29:21

hi all!!

reading this thread I am so inspired to start again... i am not comfortable in group meetings - cant understand why... but thus it is..
Seven stone to lose. Hell. Heck. Dammit & F*ck!
Me and DH both work full time with 3 dc's but i know that i have plenty of time outisde of work to tackle this.
On medication for anxiety as well as on the mini-pill - certainly not a good combo for weight loss! that and the 3-4 bottles of wine per week.
Doc gave off to me several months ago that i needed to take some time for myself and take better care. Still not started. Find it hard.

GirlFryDay Mon 25-Mar-13 13:31:25

Thing is I hate the flavour of artificial sweetener... and i dont like berries grin so i am a bit more limited in terms of snacking. Some proper research is called for but have job interview tomorrow so it will have to wait a few more days...
I look forward to joining you properly soon smile

Furball Mon 25-Mar-13 13:35:21

do it girlfryday - fab name!

Head down, small steps.........don't look to the end, look to the first goal - 1/2 stone? or maybe the first .7 or 0 number on the scale.

meal plan, shop, do it. It's such a good diet as you are never hungry, there is always something free for you to fill up on. smile

Furball Mon 25-Mar-13 13:38:49

I don't sweetners either - I have sugar and syn it. 1 syn a teaspoon

Your syns, your choice

and if you don't like little berries, there is a whole choice of other fruits out there.

Good luck with the interview

GirlFryDay Mon 25-Mar-13 13:45:44

thanks Furball... i much prefer veg/salads so i'll prob stick with those in the main.. i like bananas and eat one every day.
i dont have a sweet tooth at all and am lucky that way still doesnt stop me eating sweets randomly tho

Agree re the sugar.... i love 1/2 tsp in coffee and def want to keep that going!

Small steps... I am 37 and the weight has taken 10 years to creep up...

beanandspud Mon 25-Mar-13 13:50:05

Go for it GirlFryDay! We're all in it together on here, most of us taking it a very small step at a time but we're getting there and celebrating the small successes as well as the bigger ones.

Lots of free stuff to snack on.

Don't wait, can you start tomorrow? <<bossy>>

BadRoly Mon 25-Mar-13 14:03:07

Afternoon! All going to pot... But quick question - I missed yesterday's healthy extras by accident. Can I have them today?!

GirlFryDay Mon 25-Mar-13 15:40:12

beanandspud - ok will have SW friendly dinner and drink lots of water... no time like the present!

I've finally given in and eaten the cream egg I've been dreaming of for weeks grin not the trick is not to eat a second one..

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 25-Mar-13 18:58:10

welcome girlfry - there are a few of us,me included that do at home without a group

badroly - i dont think so tbh sad eat or lose them

fish - dont like creme eggs, sickly things envy thats sick not envy lol

laughalot Mon 25-Mar-13 20:27:03

Evening everyone and welcome to the newbies. Weighed this morning and lost a 1lb so that is 1 stone 8lb so far. Finally bought a pair of size 14 work trousers as my friend said at work on saturday that I looked like I had s**t myself in my 16s so went to tesco and bought some new ones. Great feeling.

Break - porridge
Lunch - home made soup/muller
dinner - steak/roasted veg/potatoes
curly wurly

iklboo Mon 25-Mar-13 20:31:18

2lb off this week. 1.5 stone in total <does Snoopy dance> smile

KissMyGrits Mon 25-Mar-13 20:41:00

Well done laughalot and iklboo!

3girls1madboy Mon 25-Mar-13 21:25:52

Well done laughalot and iklboo! I'm on track this week....I'm having the same problem with my trousers. And I got a lovely compliment at work, the girls have said the weight loss is really showing grin

B-natural yog and blueberries
L- crackerbread (heb) and Philly light (2 Syns)
D- spag Bol

5 whispa bites...not sure the syn value, but must be about 6.
DD1 made a gingerbread house, with a marshmallow igloo, and the temptation to not munch my way thought it was so big! I did have one marshmallow smile but I don't count that

androbbob Mon 25-Mar-13 21:56:03

Evening - had a rather hectic week and limited internet connection (blaming the Sky box for that) and was naughty with hot cross buns and pizza! Managed to get to a WI today, not my usual one, but at least I went! Gained half a pound - not bothered as will be extra good this week!

Plan is to lose a stone before end of may when grits and I go on holiday to Center Parcs!! grin. However, she will be the slinky one and I will skulking in the trees trying to avoid her!!

Will try and catch up with all the posts and be back in reporting for losses tomorrow!

BadRoly Mon 25-Mar-13 23:04:46

Well done Laughalot and iklboo grin

This week could go either way for me tbh. I haven't been terrible but I haven't been great either. Ah well, lets see what Weds brings...

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 25-Mar-13 23:48:32

Yah ikiboo and laughalot

So envy at 1.5stonr

Androb that's an incy gain and will easily come off next week

Furball Tue 26-Mar-13 06:37:05

* ikiboo* and laughalot - well done smile

KissMyGrits Tue 26-Mar-13 07:11:04

androb I am so excited, only 9 weeks I think! I have all my activities booked and restaurants, went and looked at the menu and my eye was immediately drawn to the most SW friendly options. Will most likely partake in way to much alcohol though!

My weight loss has slowed to 1.5lbs a week, but I'm being more realistic as to what my diet will be like when I hit my target. I should still be in decent shape by Center Parcs, although Easters coming up so maybe not!

Just had my first Alpen light bar, aren't they lovely smile

B: fruit and fat free fromage frais/sweetener

L: bachelor chicken rice (about 3/4)

Snack: melon, satsuma and Alpen light x 2 (heB). Coffee and tea with milk (HeA)

T: roast chicken, mash, broccoli cauliflower carrots and gravy (1)

BadRoly Tue 26-Mar-13 16:36:39

Evening grin

Did I see somewhere in here someone had a recipe for fajitas? I figure they are ok if I just eat the meat and veg without the wrap, cheese and guacamole?

So as I have no Old El Paso in the cupboard, what seasoning etc do any of you use please?

DoubleIndemnity Tue 26-Mar-13 16:48:45

Hello all
Well good news from me, lost 4lbs in my first week! you may recall doing it via the online system as have had enough of the dreaded "groups".
Really pleased with that, although have gone at it hell for leather and not sure if I can maintain the momentum - was only aiming for 2lbs and am sure it will be less next week.
Am going on hols on 8 April and wanted to have lost about 5lbs by then so going well.
Am now getting used to the EE plan and am really liking it although I do struggle with only 1 of each HE (could have 2 on green plan)
Have to have lunch out tomorrow with a friend who from past experience will not be happy if she thinks I am trying to lose weight as she is "bigger" than I am and has made the odd comment to me in the past - you know the sort of thing "What? You? Dieting? You're fine as you are..."
Any thoughts on how to deal with this?
The reason I think I have done so well this week is that I've been mostly at home with no outside influences.
I will be looking for something EE on the menu tomorrow like fish with veg or salad and I may have a gin and slimline or a small glass of red. TBH it's the friend I'm worried about more than the food.
Crazy isn't it?
Finding all your meal plans and diaries really inspiring. Someone asked about the cheesy ham pasta bake from the latest mag - I made it and it was yummy.

DoubleIndemnity Tue 26-Mar-13 16:53:58

Blondes - hiya! What in the world is diet coke chicken - sounds intriguing? Got a recipe?
And can someone fill me in on Alpen Light bars? Think I saw them in local shop - are they a HE?
Disappointed I can't get the SW Hi-Fi Bars as I don't go to a class - anyone found a way round that?

Furball Tue 26-Mar-13 17:29:20

Double - well done on your loss

Nice friend you have! - Not sure how you deal with it, unless you just say the blah blah and salad sounds really nice, I think I'll have that. and say no more?

and when it comes to pudding, say you are full to the brim, I'll just have a coffee.

Alpen light - make sure they are the light ones, are 2 = HE2 or 3 syns each. I have the chocolate and Fudge flavour and they are really nice.

and diet coke chicken recipe = here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now