SLIMMING WORLD #2

(998 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 18-Mar-13 14:52:42

Blondes arranges cushions and sw friendly snacks smile

welcome one and all wine and brew

Huffpot Wed 01-May-13 22:09:08

Well done to the losers! Amazing losses grin

WI tonight and 1lb off so 10.5lbs in 4 weeks. I wanted more to get down to the next stone but not bad considering I normally gain when I have my period!
Next week - next stone

beanandspud Wed 01-May-13 22:18:25

Hello everyone and welcome to all the newbies. Well done on all of the losses - some great results!

I'm sorry I haven't been around for the last couple of weeks. I have been struggling a bit over the last couple of weeks, letting SW lapse a bit, and I've kind of got out of the habit with due to weekends away and some big work events. I think I need a bit of a kick start (or just a kick grin) - we are away again this weekend which isn't helping matters.

FourLittleDudes Wed 01-May-13 22:38:59

I didn't think of that Fish thank you smile although I hadn't seen your message before I had scoffed down some fruit and fibre blush - I did have banana, strawberries and blueberries on it though.

onceipopicantstop Thu 02-May-13 07:48:07

Thanks Fish I bought the strawberry flavour - a big tub! - thinking it would be low syn but apparently not! Should have guessed as it had sugar in it instead of sweeteners! Am trying to avoid foods with sweeteners as am TTC and feel a bit uncomfortable having sweeteners in pregnancy. Just a personal thing - I know lots of people wouldn't be bothered.

FourLittleDudes Thu 02-May-13 10:02:23

Has anyone tried doing those square potato things from the SW cooked breakfast? I just tried to do them and they were awful, really ruined my breakfast that, and the burnt bacon, hard poached eggs and screaming children so it went in the bin.

B - Fruit and Fibre with Skimmed Milk, blueberries, banana and strawberries, followed by a muller light.

I actually weighed out cereal into 35g bags last night, its just over a handful shock I've been having way to much. At least now its in portions I won't over eat it and don't have to faff around weighing it of a morning.

WheresMyCow Thu 02-May-13 13:28:45

Well done to all the losers grin

I made the apple coleslaw androbob and it was yummy - although I didn't measure out my fromage frais - just dolloped it in til it looked right!! Definitely made a difference having some mayo in there though as I usually just use the fromage frais - this tasted more like coleslaw should taste grin

onceipop the recipie for blondes quiche is below - as long as you've got your basics of low fat cottage cheese (check which ones are syn free) and eggs, you can add whatever you want. It is yummy and I'm going to make a tuna & sweetcorn one tonight.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 20-Apr-13 22:15:54
Yep. So simple

Tub of low fat cottage cheese and 4 eggs

I usually add

2 onions
Red/yellow pepper
Sweet corn

And then either a packet of chopped ham - tin of salmon

I mix all together in a bowl then put in glass square dish and cook 30 mins on 180

beanandspud Thu 02-May-13 13:50:48

For those looking for lunch ideas I have just discovered M&S 'Oriental Style Tuna Salad Bites in Mooli Ribbons' from the 'Delicious and Nutritious' range. They are really tasty and apart from a tiny bit of sugar in the dipping sauce all of the ingredients are free.

Fairygen Thu 02-May-13 20:40:18

Hi all, I've been following the plan online for a week. Done it before and know it works but have struggled to stick to it on my own. Decided to sign up on line because I know I'll stick to it if I've had to pay!!

First weigh in this morning, - 6 lbs.

Over the moon!! Admittedly i've stuck to it 100% and even given up the wine! ( I can't be trusted once the bottle is opened!!!!)

Holliewantstobehot Thu 02-May-13 21:26:21

help ds has cold and so have I - have eaten 4 bourbons and two packets ready salted since tea! Am tired, feeling like crap and eating crap! Will have to pull this around tomorrow and hope to at least stay the same on tuesday. Going on holiday four weeks tomorrow and would like to lose another 4 1/2 lbs by then as that would be 10 lbs and I would be 14 something instead of 15 something. New mantra - I will not give up, I will not give up.....

Tomorrow I plan to have
B - Strawberries, plain yogurt and 30g chocolate crunch (B)
L - Chicken, mushrooms, peppers, onions, corgette and green beans in tomato sauce with rice.(leftovers)
D - Cottage Pie and veg (made with gravy granules for a few syns) or if I feel really rough spag bol as it would be less cooking.

Daisybell1 Thu 02-May-13 21:44:36

<staggers in looking like John Wayne>

I did Shred

<collapses on sofa with whispa bar>

FourLittleDudes Thu 02-May-13 21:47:23

Brilliant weight loss FairyJen!

I've been quite good today, I've had;

B - Fruit and Fibre (HexB) with skimmed milk (HexA) with strawberries, banana and blueberries.

L - Chicken Tikka with Salad

D - Spag Bol

Snacks - banana, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, blueberries, satsuma, grapes.

Syns - small sprinkle of Parmesan, two muller lights, one Alpen light bar.

I still feel hungry today though and I haven't stopped eating!

FourLittleDudes Thu 02-May-13 21:48:40

Daisy - I have the Shred. I did 3 minutes a year ago and collapsed in a heap on the floor! Is it worth having another go?

Holliewantstobehot Thu 02-May-13 22:42:39

Four - did the same with the shred, just couldn't keep up. Tried Josie Gibson one which is similar and did manage that doing the easiest bits. Must start that up again.

Daisy - well done for completing it! I am in awe!

BadRoly Thu 02-May-13 22:55:48

Well done Fairygen grin

I have heard much of this Shred but have never tried it. Nor have I tried either of the 2 DVDs in my lounge. Though I did get as far as putting one in the player once...

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 03-May-13 06:55:29

Sorry I'm on iPhone so can't name check apart from Jen - well done fab 1st loss

Well done all other losers

Yes quiche a la blondes is low fat cottage cheese and 4 eggs plus whatever you want in it

Ham or salmon is yummy with peppers onions - I hate mushrooms but you could add those in as well

I still havt opened my sw mag from the other month - let alone this month blush

Any quick yummy free meals in them that you recommend?

Have a good day all - enjoy the sun and don't drink:eat too much as a bhw smile

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 03-May-13 06:56:11

Fairygem even - bloody iPhone

Fairygen Fri 03-May-13 13:59:51

Ifound a SW 'blog',( more like e recipe book really) which has some lovely recipes for all choices. My favourite is diet fanta chicken. It tastes just like Thai sweet chilli chicken from our take away and it's totally free!

Slimmingwoldfaerie.blogspot.com

muminthecity Fri 03-May-13 14:29:34

I had a crappy day yesterday, the first truly rubbish one since I started. I had 5 chocolate digestives blush. And I'd already had 9 syns before that. I am so annoyed with myself. Have been much better today, but I'm going out tonight and alcohol will be involved.

Daisybell1 Fri 03-May-13 14:32:39

I'm pants with exercise DVDs and thought I was going to need medical attention after the warm-up, but it was ok. It's very short bursts which I find easier, and you don't have to remember any moves.

I did it again this morning, and now just can't move...

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 03-May-13 15:14:31

Sts which as I drunk copious amounts of champagne and wine last weekend - I'm happy with

beanandspud Fri 03-May-13 15:23:00

Weighed in this morning for the first time in two weeks and have somehow STS which I'm pleased with given that I haven't really stuck to plan.

Away for the weekend and then back with a vengeance next week!

Holliewantstobehot Fri 03-May-13 18:29:17

muminthecity - did the same myself and off plan today too, but have rotten cold and am just craving sweet carbs - for some reason I am always really hungry when I have a cold. Am realistically expecting to gain this week now but am going to go to bed as early as poss and hope I feel better tomorrow and can get back on plan. Usually I would just give up for the rest of the week but am trying hard to recover better from blips! Am going to try making a couscous cake tomorrow so I have something in for sweet cravings. (Bet it won't taste as good as a choc digestive though!)
Beans - well done for sts, I always like to look on that as a positive!

Yay I got my half stone award on Wednesday! smile

I've decided for each half stone I lose, I'm going to buy myself a nice, non-food treat. Not clothes at the minute as I've still not dropped any sizes, so am looking for inspiration.

laughalot Fri 03-May-13 20:06:46

Hi lolli I treated myself to having my nails done grin.

Well I lost 2lb so 2 stone 1 lb my target for my holiday was 2 stone and we go in July so iv done it yeah yeah yeah however overall I wanted to lose 3.

Well done everyone on the weight loss xx

FourLittleDudes Fri 03-May-13 20:22:34

Well done on your half stone :-) I think I would treat myself by getting my nails done, or my eyebrows or a huge chocolate cake

I'm weighing in for the first time tomorrow and I'm nervous! I've slipped up a few times this week, nothing major though hopefully, so fingers crossed.

Today I've had:

B- Fruit and Fibre (HexB) skimmed milk (HexA) with banana, blueberries and strawberries.

L- Chilli and Rice (not sure on syns as we ate out, the rice was microwaved though so I'm guessing the chilli wasn't homemade
. Should've had a baked potato and beans) with a side salad.

D- Egg noodles and Chicken.

Snacks - kiwi x2 banana, strawberries, pear, blueberries, grapes.

Syns - slice of ginger and lemon cake blush which I really regret now. Muller light 0.5 syns

I've bought some scan bran and some
Quark as I've found a syn free cake recipe that I want to try. Going to attempt it tomorrow, I really hope it works, I need cake!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now