Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

SLIMMING WORLD #2

(998 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 18-Mar-13 14:52:42

Blondes arranges cushions and sw friendly snacks smile

welcome one and all wine and brew

Curlywurlysareyum Sun 21-Apr-13 09:44:33

Hmmmm ... All this talk of blondes quiche - think I might have to try it for lunch. Sounds delicious!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 21-Apr-13 09:53:29

I love quiche and obviously normal quiche with pastry and cheese is sooooo high

This tastes Chessey and I don't miss the pastry

Tho I won't use cottage cheese and eggs as sauce for lasagne as isn't the same sad

Packet cheese sauce all the way smile

beanandspud Sun 21-Apr-13 10:08:38

Morning all!

Good day yesterday food-wise, not such a good day wine-wise as we were out with friends blush.

I made this curry for tea last night which was delicious. Used a tikka paste which is 3 syns per tablespoon so even with the oil it wasn't too naughty.

Making a sausage casserole tonight with Quorn sausages. I'll post the recipe later if anyone wants it.

Good luck with the WI Roly, whatever the scales say you can get back on plan this week. I feel a good week ahead with 'Blondes' Holiday Bootcamp' grin

KissMyGrits Sun 21-Apr-13 10:19:47

Yes please bean I love sausage casserole!

Bad couple of days as I've had a rotten cold. Not sure how it'll affect WI as I've hardly eaten but when i have it's been utter rubbish.

Back on track today with a nice fry-lite fry-up for breakfast, and a big roast ready to go in the oven for dinner. Yum.

NanaNina Sun 21-Apr-13 14:07:22

Hi can I join in? I am 69 and am trying again. I lost 2 stone on SW a few years ago, but guess what - yep you got it!! I am 5'1" and weigh 11st 3lbs so really need to lose some.....also on meds for depression (intermittent) and main side effect is weight gain but only because of increased appetite.

My problem is I am a fussy eater and don't eat any of the recipes I see in the magazines - I don't eat curries, chillies, rice or anything like that. Don't like any kinds of sauces or anything runny, hate yoghurt. I used to stick to Red and Green but not sure about EE. Apparently you have to divide the plate in 3 and one third red, one third green, and one third veg/salad. Is that right? Don't drink alcohol - save my syns for chocolate.

I only went to class to get the books last time and did it on my own and intend to do the same this time. Here's hoping..............

iklboo Sun 21-Apr-13 16:40:46

Hi NanaNina - I've never done any of the other plans but we don't divide our plate into thirds. DH has lost just over 2.5 stone and I've lost almost 2 stone (fingers crossed I'll get my award tomorrow) in 12 weeks. We do like curries, sauces etc but you can do EE eating meat, fish, veg, potatoes, pasta, rice etc. Even poached egg, SW chips & beans!

3girls1madboy Sun 21-Apr-13 16:54:33

iklboo, you and I, and our dh are on the same weight loss grin We must be doing something rightsmile Was dn 17th birthday do last night and there was a hog roast. I was really good and didn't pig out out wink

Welcome to all newbies if I haven't said hi already.

Steak, salad and sw chips for dinner. Theres a lovley bit of carrot cake calling my name for after, but must be good!!!! DS loves carrot cake, so I'll promise him he can have it after school tomorrow that way I can't eat it. I'd rather have a glass of wine x

beanandspud Sun 21-Apr-13 18:05:35

Here you go:

sausage casserole recipe

I used quorn sausages instead of the ones in the recipe and fry light instead of olive oil. If you have a slow cooker you can just brown the sausages in a bit of fry light and then chuck it all in the slow cooker. The only syns come from the sausages.

Had the sawdust scan bran and pilchards for lunch today and quite liked them grin.

iklboo Sun 21-Apr-13 18:39:24

Just tried on a pair of jeans I haven't been able to get into for years. They fastened right up!! Still a tiny bit too tight to be comfortable but I'm heading in the right direction smile

NanaNina Sun 21-Apr-13 19:02:04

Thanks for the welcome iklboo there is another SW thread you might have seen just about EE and people asking questions about it - does it work etc. Then someone came on who sounded like she was from SW (Rachel) and explained that EE only worked if you ate 1/3rd of free foods with every meal, so if you have say jacket potatoe and tuna for lunch you have to have the salad or veg with it. She says this is the key to EE, and she said about dividing the plates into thirds. Do yu always make sure you have the free food withe very meal? It didn't make much sense to me I must say, but she did seem to know what she was talking about.

Brilliant weight loss for you both - do you have 1 choice from 'A' and 1 from 'B' - how many Syns do you have on EE. This Rachel also said that on EE you had to have the lower syn value, so if it was 9 on green and 5 on red, yu could only have 5. I always have chocolate or ice cream (Aldi's ice cream sundaes in a little pot - yum) don't know how many syns they are but are 160 calories. I've kind of worked out that 100 calories is 5 or 6 Syns. I lost all my weight the first time with a Frys Choc Cream bar most nights (11 Syns) or a Crunchie.

Anybody else Syn on chocolate or ice cream?

NanaNina Sun 21-Apr-13 19:14:49

Just noticed Blondeshavemorefun that you too mention that you must have the freefoods with every meal on EE. Do you do the one third meat/fish one third pots/rice and one third freefoods, salad or veg. Iklboo says they don't divide their plates like this and she and her DH have lost huge amounts of weight. So I'm confused. It doesn't seem logical to me that you must have the one third free food but someone came on another thread just about EE, (Rachel) sound like she might be from SW and said that eating the freefoods with meat or fish or pots rice etc is the key to EE and if you don't do this you are offplan.??

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 21-Apr-13 19:58:21

hi nina - i dont divide my plate but whatever i eat (when being good on sw) i do have 1/3 of veg/fruit/salad with my meals

Curlywurlysareyum Sun 21-Apr-13 21:01:06

Hi nanaNina - I try to eat super free food at every meal but not always possible for me. Some days if I'm at work and haven't done a fresh food shop I have low fat super noodles and a muller yoghurt for lunch. I've lost weight every week since I joined almost 9 weeks ago. So it's working for me. Plus I love stir frys etc so as blondes says its more about putting 1/3 veg into the meal rather than dividing the plate up.
My consultant says in class those who eat 1/3 super free with every meal will have speedier loss.
But if u don't eat veg etc I'd say you would need to put less on ur plate and imagine the third super free and the space it would take up - (and then u might be hungrier though as u aren't filling up).
Hope this is of some help.

Curlywurlysareyum Sun 21-Apr-13 21:02:53

Iklboo - that's class about ur jeans. I went out yest and bought new work trousers in a size smaller and it has to be the best feeling ever!! I've still a good bit to go but that feeling will spur me on!

androbbob Sun 21-Apr-13 21:13:34

Iklboo - I have been trying on some summer trousers earlier and all the ones that didnt fit last summer (or the one before that...) now fit, so could possibly be loose by then! Given that we have very little summer up north, I will manage for this summer - far better than the last few years where I had to go round all the local charity shops to find some things to fit for our Olympics hol last year. Promised myself that I would get into my old clothes for this summer and I am on track for that. I have a variety of sizes from 12 to 16 so should be ok!

Been for a gym session this morning after dropping the kids off at their Scouts / Beavers event and then went for a walk to the pub with my mum. We covered 3 miles before getting to the pub, had a lite bite of gammon salad and chips (small portion of chips so my syns for today) and then walked back. Felt really good doing that!!

Hoping for at least 1lb loss on the scales tomorrow morning!

iklboo Sun 21-Apr-13 21:55:29

Sorry - we DO try to eat free & super free foods with every meal, it's just not always a third of a plate. Sometimes it'll be more, sometimes less. A stir fry will be loads of super free for us, egg chips & beans less IYSWIM. And my breakfast & lunches are usually all fruit & salad veg.

KissMyGrits Mon 22-Apr-13 06:48:08

Well done androb I'm off shopping for more new clothes day, I think I'm obsessed!

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 22-Apr-13 15:39:29

B fruit and yog
L mugshot and banana
T blondes quiche and veg

B fruit and fat free fromage frais
L banana miller light and latte (a)
T half fat sausage, mash, gravy peas and broccoli (4)

Holliewantstobehot Mon 22-Apr-13 17:23:16

WI tomorrow and am now dreading it as I have ended up going completely off plan today, mostly due to my own disorganisation combined with a very busy day! Also had a few too many syns at the weekend blush So have done a shop today with loads of free foods and am boiling some hard boiled eggs for snacks. Think I need to plan forward a bit more as I didn't have enough syn free food in at the weekend. Just hope I haven't put on too much....

iklboo Mon 22-Apr-13 17:56:10

WI tonight. I hope I get my 2 stone award. Just done my first 15 minutes training for Race for Life. Tea tonight will be pastrami & turkey sandwiches after WI.

iklboo Mon 22-Apr-13 19:15:00

2lb loss. That's 2 stone 1lb in total!

KissMyGrits Mon 22-Apr-13 19:15:51

Well done iklboo fab loss!

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 22-Apr-13 19:33:39

well done ikiboo smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now