SLIMMING WORLD #2

(998 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 18-Mar-13 14:52:42

Blondes arranges cushions and sw friendly snacks smile

welcome one and all wine and brew

KissMyGrits Tue 02-Apr-13 08:16:03

Eek Roly are you sure the scales were correct? That sounds like a lot for just one week? Oh well at least it was fun!

I think my only hope this week is all the walking I've done, we'll see tomorrow!

BadRoly Tue 02-Apr-13 08:41:55

Kiss - if I told you what is eaten it would figure! Pretty certain the scales were fine. grin

KissMyGrits Tue 02-Apr-13 08:57:23

Ha! I think I'm just clutching at straws because I plan on eating everything in sight when we go to Center Parcs and drinking copious amounts of alcohol, was living in hope the damage can't be more than a lb or 2. Obviously it can!

rosieposey Tue 02-Apr-13 09:20:12

Hello, can i join you? Really need some people to do this with as i have 6.5 stone to lose sad I tried really hard at the 5.2 diet and it was awful and i was grumpy! I just keep putting on - i literally must be the only person who has put on 19 lbs since having a baby ( he is only 17 weeks old!)

Anyway enough moaning - i will be doing slimming world as i literally cannot bear to be hungry, will follow the extra easy plan and hope to goodness it works smile

I will read back a few pages to get some ideas as im not going to go to class for a few weeks - i have a pretty good idea about extra easy ( one third superfree right?) and today i am going to have no breakfast i know you are supposed to but i have never eaten it and it makes me feel a bit sicky if i eat too early. Lunch * low fat cheese slice, olives, ham, egg, small wholemeal roll, salad* Dinner * bombay potato (made with the schwartz packet mix) chicken curry (4.5 syns for the sauce) free chickpea dahl from asda, rice and salad* - does that sound like rather a lot? It probably is but my apetitie is out of control atm sad hence putting on nearly a stone and a half in 4 months.

Ok well i hope to be with you lovely ladies for the long-haul - looking forward to reading about your successes (and slip ups wink) ill read back on this thread now.

KissMyGrits Tue 02-Apr-13 09:26:17

Welcome Rosie! That doesn't sound like a lot, sounds fine but try to have a breakfast, even if it's just a banana at about 9.30. It'll stop the hunger and the cravings mid morning. The schwartz packet may have some syns in as well so check that out.
You'll definitely lose on EE as long as you stick to it, remember to allow yourself a few syns and a third superfree on each plate.

rosieposey Tue 02-Apr-13 09:41:33

Yes i already checked out the syns in the schwartz - its 4.5 per pack and ill only use half a pack - i am allowing another 4 for my curry ( i use bibijis fresh curry sauce) but thats only 6.5 for a meal and im such a massive curry buff i like them to taste authentic - i think thats been half of my downfall - too many really fatty currys and takeaways!

I will probably eat a mugshot midafternoon anyway as lunch will be early ( 12 ish) and ill be hungry by 3 again - thats probably where i make up my breakfast. I was going to try and stick to 10 syns but if im honest will probably go up to 15 - do you all use your syns every day or can you save them up at all?

beanandspud Tue 02-Apr-13 10:26:10

Welcome Rosie!

Back to normal here thank goodness - definitely on damage limitation for the rest of the week grin

B - Fruit and muller light
L - Jacket and beans
D - Vegetable tagine and couscous. Just put this in the slow cooker minus the honey and apricots and using my HeA for the olive oil.

KissMyGrits Tue 02-Apr-13 10:47:04

Bean That looks good!

Rosie I tend to use about 5 syns a day during the week and 10-15 per day at the weekends, you can save them up. If you're desperate for an indian takeaway rogan josh is about 6.5 syns and boiled rice is free. Also there is a slimming world curry cook book with lots of free or low syn recipes. The chicken tikka massala is amazing!

rosieposey Tue 02-Apr-13 12:17:59

Thanks for the heads up kiss smile and the nice welcoime from everyone else. I tried a couple of their curry recipes and found them a bit bland - i like mine really hot, madras strength usually. The trouble with a real curry takeaway is the amount of Ghee they cook them in, i cant find a single curry dish that doesnt look like its swimming in oil.

Right off for my healthy lunch - have to confess im quite hungry now!

I just made myself throw up in the gym blush thank god made it to the loo thought I was going to pass out which would have been really embarrassing to say the least! Dreading weigh in on Saturday, took the entire weekend off plan. Oh dear ..

tigerdriverII Tue 02-Apr-13 21:34:14

Hello all. badroly. I did such a long post last night ours crossed. Never mind, upwards and onwards.

Sooooo, I had my weigh In tonight and lost 1lb. And amazingly got slimmer of the week! This is what comes of not being bothered by chocolate. I have 38lbs to go, and am 24.5 down.

And hello rosie. Lovely to see you on here!

KissMyGrits Wed 03-Apr-13 06:37:13

Well done tiger you're almost half way there!

Well... I lost 0.8lbs this week, I don't know how, possibly all the tears of shame I shed while stuffing the Easter egg down my throat. Needless to say I'm really pleased it wasn't a gain!

3girls1madboy Wed 03-Apr-13 08:29:41

Well done everyone who has had a loss! Sounds like the scales were wrong Roly!!

I need some positive thinking this next week, the last few days have been awful. My dad visited yesterday and brought cream cakes shock and I had half, and I felt so guilty afterwards....I don't know why I sabotage myself all the time. Anyhoo today is a new day, and where I am the sun is shining again, so a walk to the park to meet chums is on the cards smile

Have a good day folks

beanandspud Wed 03-Apr-13 10:47:12

Well done to Tiger and KissMyGrits In my humble opinion a loss or a sts on Easter week is definitely worth celebrating gringringrin

Just had fruit and yogurt for breakfast, jacket and cottage cheese planned for lunch and have put something that I hope will resemble a veggie chilli in the slow cooker for later!

And I dusted off the treadmill this morning and managed to run 20mins this morning so feeling quite proud of myself. It was very slow but felt ok whether I'll be able to walk tomorrow is another thing altogether.

The sun is shining here too, enjoy your walk 3girls1madboy and don't feel guilty about the cream cakes.

Have a good day everyone!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 03-Apr-13 14:52:51

afternoon ladies

well done on loss's smile

blondes waddles to naughty step - been at an easter egg party and ate bad stuff sad

think im gonna have to write this week off (again) and gain and not moan

ive kinda lost my mojo recently sad

i dont normally even eat/like chococlate so why have i stuffed myself stupid this week hmm

Huffpot Wed 03-Apr-13 15:05:55

Hi all. Have done SW before but left as was pregnant.
No longer pregnant so going back to class tonight to find out the damage!

Hi everyone!

Just joining this thread. Today is my first day back on SW. I lost about a stone and a half last summer, then I fell pregnant and sadly miscarried. Then I just ate whatever I wanted for months. So i'm back on it. Currently weigh 14 stone 5 and ideally I want to weigh 11 stones. My first target is 13 stones and then i'll see what happens next.

It's so hard, I've got a lovely Easter egg I've not started yet and a cupboard full of treats. Trying to stay strong.

Also, at work we get free drinks, crisps, and chocolate, so it'll be a challenge

3girls1madboy Wed 03-Apr-13 18:14:57

Welcome Frying and Huff smile

I've had a good day today. Stuck to plan, and used my Syns for a small piece of garlic bread, a few sweets from DD1's pot she got from Thorpe park and 1tblspn of lighter than light mayo. Now I'm off to my favourite activity...Zumba grin I love it!!!

Huffpot Wed 03-Apr-13 18:57:34

fryingpantoface that's what happened to me too but only 5 weeks ago...I lost just over 1.5 stones too last time.
I don't want to let myself eat myself into an even bigger mess than I am after putting it all back on again!

KissMyGrits Wed 03-Apr-13 19:59:42

frying and huff welcome, sorry to hear it's on such sad terms. Great group of ladies here to help you through your weightloss journey.

KissMyGrits Wed 03-Apr-13 20:00:36

Blondes I know what you mean, my weekend off seems to be harder to forget than I wanted. Too easy to slip back to old habits I fear.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 03-Apr-13 20:35:22

Welcome huff and frying - sorry to hear about your mc sad

Kiss - so easy sad have a lovely friend and she loses 3/4lbs every bloody week - yes she is prob 4 stone heavier then me but she eats some of the meal I do or doesn't have 1/3rd super free yet loses

Not bloody fair sad

laughalot Wed 03-Apr-13 22:24:57

Welcome frying and huff sorry to hear your news. Frying on the 7th Jan I started at 14 5 and im now 12 9 so little steps and you can achieve xxx

Furball Thu 04-Apr-13 07:17:21

OK truth time - I've been off plan for a few days, well since frigging easter. I haven't been too outrageous, but chocolate may have been involved wink

I'm off away today until Sunday so............will be probably off plan til then. I won't go wild but, the aim is to gain as least as possible. hmm

Huffpot Thu 04-Apr-13 08:18:43

Thats really good laughalot

I rejoined last night and am a stone heavier than my last WI shock so back on plan today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now