6 month old sleeping on stomach

(9 Posts)
SimonTheDad Thu 31-Jan-08 21:44:51

Hello again everyone,

So our little daughter is now sleeping well at night.. but she now likes to sleep either on her side or she rolls herself onto her stomach. Is this safe and should we be correcting her.. obv.. its hard to spot when we are sleeping.

TheBlonde Thu 31-Jan-08 21:47:28

once they can roll they are alright to be belly down i think

BITCAT Thu 31-Jan-08 21:49:07

Can your little girl roll herself over, if so it's fine!! Babies are ok to sleep on stomach if able to roll over if you put her to sleep on back and she ends up on stomach then it's fine my dd2 has always ended up on stomach the minute she learnt to roll over, with her bottom up in the air!!!

SlightlyMadShrek Thu 31-Jan-08 21:49:54

Agree with the Blonde.

When they have good haed control to move their face if it ends up flat on matress and can roll they are allowed to be on tummys.

You try stopping them!!!

LardyMardyDaisy Thu 31-Jan-08 21:51:32

ditto agree with the turning over themselves means ok to leave them to it. you'd be nuerotic and very sleep deprived if you tried to keep rolling her back over!

SimonTheDad Thu 31-Jan-08 21:51:40

"with her bottom up in the air!!!" that sounds so cute i would like to see that

she can roll around yes,, although i never seen her roll back from stomach and i have gone into her in the night hearing her complaining and she was on her stomach.

When she is tired can she not suffocate as she does not have the strength to move.

Piffle Thu 31-Jan-08 21:52:35

my last 2 have tummy slept from day one and still do aged 5yrs and 10 mths

barbara3 Thu 31-Jan-08 21:54:41

my two have slept on their tummies from 6 mo or so as far as I understand it is fine!!

BITCAT Thu 31-Jan-08 21:59:00

Yes it is cute, she can move her head well and holds head up right on her own so she would be able to move her head and although you haven't seen her roll from stomach to back, she probably can!! You would also hear her cry if she was getting stressed, and perhaps moving head from side to side, you would be sat watching her alnite waiting for her to roll to stomach to roll her back and you wouldn't get any sleep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now