Literally afraid to go to sleep

(9 Posts)
Babasaclover Mon 14-Nov-16 21:14:31

Having a tough time and got to the point where I fear going to sleep as know baby will have me up as soon as I nod off. It's like she knows!!!!! Starting to feel like no sleep is better than constantly broken sleep?!?

Mum2jenny Mon 14-Nov-16 21:16:15

Can't you sleep when baby does? flowers

TaffetaMuttonfudge Mon 14-Nov-16 21:29:08

I feel a bit like this at the moment. I try to sleep when my 5 week old does, but it's difficult sometimes when things like the school run for my eldest need doing or bottles need to be sterilised. Not sure what to suggest but honestly it does get better, just hang in there. flowerschocolate

AMomentaryLapseOfReason Mon 14-Nov-16 22:05:26

Oh I remember that. You are still in denial, searching for control. It gets easier when you accept there is nothing you can do about it <nihilist>

Babasaclover Tue 15-Nov-16 13:15:47

Thanks ladies. Just needed to not feel alone with it. You helped with that.

During the day she only sleeps for 25 mins at a time!

pspc Tue 15-Nov-16 13:48:53

My 7 year old son has trouble sleeping. He was always a bad sleeper but lately it has gone worse. He needs us to stay with him until he falls asleep and he wakes up 4 to 5 times during the night crying he wants someone with him. He tries to come to our bed but then his younger sister wants to come over too and we end up not sleeping at all. Any advice? Nothing changed in his routine. He just says he is afraid of the dark (he sleeps with a night light on in his bedroom, another one in the hallway and one in the bathroom next to his bedroom). We don't know what else to do, he is so tired in the morning...

superking Tue 15-Nov-16 13:51:09

I know exactly what you mean. The trouble is that as soon as you start keeping yourself awake, your baby will miraculously sleep for hours on end!

pspc Tue 15-Nov-16 13:51:29

sorry I was reading your post looking for advice and ended up crashing into it. I've started my own post...sorry blush

Potatoooooo Tue 15-Nov-16 13:58:05

My god, everyone ALWAYS says ''sleep when the baby does'' but we all know that trying to attempt to sleep when baby does results in baby waking up or very minimal sleep, talking minutes.

I hated anybody who ever said that phrase to me angry

It gets better, don't worry, it won't be like this forever but here's some flowers for now flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now