Sleepyhead Grand

(8 Posts)
almmummy Tue 08-Nov-16 08:11:44

Hi there, I've posted elsewhere about the sleep woes we're having with my 7mo but to cut a long story short, I was wondering what age you put your baby in the bigger Sleepyhead? He's in the deluxe at the moment but I think it is restricting his movement and waking him up.

However Sleepyhead now advise not using the Grand until 9 months - however they don't explicitly say it is dangerous to use it for younger babies, just not recommended. I think because the sides are softer the smaller babies could end up burying their faces in it but they also state it is air permeable...

timeforachangeithink Tue 08-Nov-16 08:15:44

My 99.3rd percentile ds was in the deluxe till. 10 months. Sleepyhead were a bit vague, this is the mail they sent me when I asked as my ds was 6 months (but giant) when I contemplated buying our first sleepyhead.

Please note that we do not recommend the GRAND for babies younger than 8 months due to the taller and softer sides (bumper) as compared to the DELUXE. A 8 month old baby is more physically able to raise its head above the soft bumper. Having said this, the GRAND is just as safe as the DELUXE when it comes to air-permeability.

Bonobosown Tue 08-Nov-16 08:18:02

The smaller sleepyhead lasts til they are 22lbs. My 7.5 mo DS has just gone into the larger version.

almmummy Tue 08-Nov-16 09:12:26

Thank you, that is really helpful. I agree it is very ambiguous- I think they mean older babies rest their head on the side rather than burrow into it, but they also seem to be saying in so many words that if they do it is not a problem.

Baby is only 16 pounds and actually fits ok, but I think he is waking frequently trying to turn or roll and getting frustrated. I've heard rolled up towels around the head help with this issue but not sure how safe this is - the Sleepyhead seemed like a better bet as they are tested etc

adjsavedmylife Tue 08-Nov-16 22:21:46

Hmm...DS is 75th percentile and been in grand since four months. I only found out about them then so no point buying the smaller one. We got ours as he grew out of Moses basket but refused the cot outright and although I imagine it's not as super snug as the deluxe it really helped. He's still got some way to go but getting there!

almmummy Wed 09-Nov-16 07:09:14

Adjaacedmylife - thanks, that is really helpful as my other worry was the Grand is so big it would not actually help much so that is good to know

adjsavedmylife Wed 09-Nov-16 21:22:48

Pleasure. I can see why you'd want to do the research - we had to take a deep breath before shelling out! They are all so different but for us it has worked a treat.

Doesanyoneknowtheanswer Sat 12-Nov-16 12:20:32

Could anyone measure the inside space of a deluxe and a grand so I can see the difference? Trying to work out which one to buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now