14 month old sleep, I'm desperate

(1 Post)
Abimh Fri 04-Nov-16 04:42:55

Hi ladies,

I have 14 month old twin boys (12 months corrected) and my one boy can be such a good sleeper and go through the night, however when he does wake in the night, it's awful.

He isn't a good napper and never has been, 30 mins is his average morning nap and an afternoon one is unlikely. His brother on the other hand sleeps great in the day.

When he wakes up at night it goes on for hours. For example tonight he cried at 9:30, 10:30, 1am and 3am. For the first 3 wake ups, we just leave him as going in to him makes it worse, he stands up in his cot and will just cry until he gives up. At 3am I couldn't leave him again as I am worried he might have a dirty nappy or be too warm, so I go to him and bring him into our bed, but he won't sleep there either. My husband then gets annoyed as he says I should leave him and going to him makes it worse....and he is right.

I've just spent an hour and a half trying to settle him on me or next to me, but he just fights sleep and wants to climb around. I then resort to putting him in the travel cot in our room and he just stands there screaming. Lying him down and patting him to sleep doesn't work either and I know the only way he will sleep again is to let him just scream until he gives up, he's so tired.

I read so much about babies that won't sleep but when in parents bed they will, but that's not an option either, I just don't know what to do with him :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now