Baby wont sleep in moses basket!

(6 Posts)
LauLau93 Wed 02-Nov-16 12:45:51

My daughter is 7 weeks old and has always had trouble not sleeping on me in tge day but in the night she would always sleep in her moses basket only waking for feeds.
This last week however, she is waking up every hour or 2! Last night i co-slept with her because we were both exhausted and she slept the nught through but i dont want to continue that in case we struggle to put her in her own room in a few months time.
Any ideas why she has taken a sudden disliking to the moses basket? We already swaddle her.

ByeByeLilSebastian Wed 02-Nov-16 12:48:14

Is she getting a bit big for it? Maybe she'd just rather be cuddled and knows if she fusses she'll get what she wants!

Bluntness100 Wed 02-Nov-16 12:48:17

Do you not have a full size cot to put her in? My daughter wasn't keen on Moses baskets, but she was happy in her cot.

Musicinthe00ssucks Wed 02-Nov-16 12:51:34

My two DDs also had much better sleep once they were moved into the big cot. Don't think it's too soon my DD2 was only 6 weeks old when she went into the big cot and was very happy there.

LauLau93 Wed 02-Nov-16 12:56:24

We have a cot and have thought about trying her but its in a different room and it wonf fit in my bedroom. I have always neen under the impression they are best in the same room as you until they are 6 months old?

crayfish Wed 02-Nov-16 13:01:06

Could you borrow/get a crib? You know, the things that are like a mini cot? My DS hated the Moses basket, I think because he couldn't see out of the sides, but loved the crib as it had bars he could look through. You can come by them quite cheap on gumtree and the like, could be worth a shot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now