Bloody clock change!

(7 Posts)
Cocolocos Tue 01-Nov-16 08:26:22

Just a rant really! DD (10mo) had finally started sleeping through from 7-6ish, and now it's all gone to shit with the clocks changing. Despite the whole routine, incl meals, still being the same she keeps waking up at 5am (so is getting an hour's less sleep every night). Her day sleep has always been crap, so she's not even making up for it there. She's actually not seeming grumpy or tired, but I certainly am. I had tried edging the timings gradually, but it obviously didn't work. I hope that she re-sets her body clock soon. Anyone got some positive stories to cheer me up? I've always thought that the whole clock change thing was a bit pointless really, so am just being extra grumpy!

Summerdays2014 Tue 01-Nov-16 09:18:49

Exactly the same for us. It's rubbish isn't it.

MYA2016 Tue 01-Nov-16 09:23:06

Hiya, I don't know if it will help but whenever ds who's almost 10mo wakes earlier than 6am I either leave him in his cot, or if he is upset I bring him to our bed but don't talk to him at all, don't put TV or lights on. Just lie him between me and dh and ignore him. He doesn't get milk.
Then at 6am if he hasn't gone back to sleep I will open curtains etc but to be honest he has usually gone back off by that point. Thankfully after a day or 2 he seems to understand there is nothing worth waking for
Maybe worth a try. Good luck as I hate 6am but 5am is unbearable

Cocolocos Tue 01-Nov-16 09:25:56

Thanks! That's the tactic I am using MYA. Basically treating it as a night waking. Yesterday it eventually worked, but not today. I will persevere and hope she gets the hint!

Summerdays2014 Tue 01-Nov-16 09:27:22

Good idea MYA, I'll give that a try tomorrow morning. Thank you. I really felt we were making good progress recently but the stupid clocks have ruined everything!!!

Nottalotta Tue 01-Nov-16 19:59:32

I was up at 4.15 sunday but managed to get two naps in and back to normal yesterday and today (5.15.........)

Ds is 15months now but even at 10 months wouldn't have laid quietly in bed with me! Envious!

Sun1983 Wed 02-Nov-16 20:08:29

I'm absolutely dropping I'm that tired stupid bloody clock change has well and truly faffed my 9 month olds sleep up. He's always been an early riser at 5-530. But now it's 4-4.30 . Even bringing him into bed with us isn't making him drift back off for a few hours....like it used to. And his naps seem to be iffy during the day as well since the clock change. Please someone tell me it'll all work out and little one will settle down. I'm back at work soon no way can I be up at 4!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now