Controlled crying killing me !

(2 Posts)
Hamster2015 Mon 31-Oct-16 21:45:25

Having Come back from a two week holiday my 13 month a previously fairly ok sleeper Has screamed every time he goes in his cot for day time or bedtime . This has gone on for 10 days resulting in only naps in the car and hour and hour of trying to settle him then n eventually coming in with us sometimes at midnight . I have tried PUPD, gradual retreat and controlled crying eventually I extended controlled crying to 20 minutes and for the past two nights he has fallen asleep . Should be a victory but I feel like it's a battle I didn't want to win. Feel so awful . I can't leave him to cry for 20 minutes every night it's killing me but so is no naps and spending hours every night going and out . Any help much appreciated .. x

FATEdestiny Mon 31-Oct-16 22:21:46

That's a lot of different techniques in 10 days.

I don't see how you can possibly know if gradual withdrawal or PUPD are working (or not) if you did them every day for 10 days. I'd say you would need 2-3 weeks of consistency for them to work. I'd be discounted.

So...

My vote would go for gradual withdrawal. But expect it to take a few weeks. A few days is neither here nor there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now