Clock changing.

(12 Posts)
Aristacat1 Sat 22-Oct-16 19:21:49

I was just wondering if abyone has any tips or experience of how the clocks changing next weekend might effect a one year old who wakes between 5 and 6 anyway. Was thinking of taking her to some fireworks but that will be a slightly late night. Do they just adjust? x

NoFuchsGiven Sat 22-Oct-16 19:22:56

They just adjust in my experience.

YouCanDoThis Sat 22-Oct-16 19:23:27

You're going to be up around 4-5am for a few weeks. wink

Jojobythesea Sat 22-Oct-16 19:35:33

Luckily my two ds' have always been good sleepers but we have always changed the clocks Saturday afternoon and carried on as normal with normal tea time, bed time etc. Has never been an issue. If it is an issue it will sort itself out pretty quick anyway with the darker mornings. smile

Aristacat1 Sat 22-Oct-16 20:39:17

Thats a good idea by the sea. So do you just have tea an hour early and put them to bed an hour early? Although does that mean that they wake up early? x

Sonnet18 Sun 23-Oct-16 05:28:49

My DD is up at 4am every morning so I'm absolutely dreading it. Changing the clock early sounds like a good idea! Will go with that I think!

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sun 23-Oct-16 06:34:42

We always did fireworks on hour change night and the late night was enough. You could if you can be bothered advance everything 10 mins per day in the run up to it i.e. meals, naps etc but only really works if you have a routine in the first place and you are SHAP/ have nanny etc rather than in nursery. I think parents are the only ones who look forward to spring hour change and losing an hour. There is something about waking between 6-7 which seems more humane.

polkadotdelight Sun 23-Oct-16 06:45:29

DS is 2 and so far has always adjusted naturally within a few days.

FunnyBird Sun 23-Oct-16 06:48:53

Clocks going back means everything happening an hour later, not earlier. wink
Yes, they adjust. Keeping them up a bit late for fireworks sounds like a good plan.

Aristacat1 Sun 23-Oct-16 09:53:31

Funnybird I get myself in a bit of a muddle haha so if she normally wakes at 5am then it will be 4 am on Sunday then does that mean if I did tea it would be at 4.30 not 5.30 and bed at 5.30 not 6.30 is this right? Then potentionally she might wake up at normal time? x

sophiaslullaby Mon 24-Oct-16 10:21:43

Following as was thinking the same. DS is 1 and routinely wakes around 5 /5.30 am. Not looking forward to seeing 4.30 am! The clock change on Saturday sounds a good idea then working with it for next few days.

Jojobythesea Mon 24-Oct-16 10:43:05

I would change the clock say, after lunch and then carry on as normal with teatime, bedtime relevant to the new time. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now