Sleepyhead for 9.5mo

(19 Posts)
firsttimemum15 Wed 19-Oct-16 16:31:06

Hello

I had a great sleeper from 5 wks until 5 months.

5 months hit and it's been up and down ever since but I've never really got a chunky night time sleep from her since. She once did 4 hours after 5 mo but not repeated since.

I've posted about my noisy other half. But he's been better recently and baby is still waking even though the past few nights he hasn't woken her.

I know people highly recommend sleepyheads but I'd need the big one and at 165/185 they're not cheap. I wouldn't expect miracles but I am back to wondering if it will help?

Baby is BF so I think she does wake for comfort. I've tried a rolled up blanked round her in cot but the effect is minimal

I'm not too interested in people who've used sleepyhead from day one.

Has anyone got experience of having a sleeper like this who introduced a sleepy head at a later age?

Ta

firsttimemum15 Wed 19-Oct-16 22:23:02

Anyone

firsttimemum15 Thu 20-Oct-16 07:58:20

No? Oh well worth a shot

fluffikins Thu 20-Oct-16 08:00:32

We had a sleepyhead from early on but use the older one which is a godsend. Don't pay that much though, if you can hang on until Black Friday they'll be on Amazon for 100-130 if not you can get them second hand- they're all washable so second hand shouldn't be an issue

Unicorncatsack Thu 20-Oct-16 08:02:01

Could you get a second hand one? I got my big sleepyhead for £40 second hand.

firsttimemum15 Thu 20-Oct-16 08:17:41

I don't think I'd want a second hand one though x

MyKingdomForBrie Thu 20-Oct-16 08:32:00

You wouldn't get a second hand mattress though surely and that's what an SH is?

Does google come up with any reports from people OP?

firsttimemum15 Thu 20-Oct-16 08:43:22

Sleepyhead themselves say 2nd hand is ok I personally wouldn't want second hand. I do buy second hand toys etc that I can disinfect but I wouldn't buy matress/quite lots of good reviews on Google but SH probably very good at marketing too

Unicorncatsack Thu 20-Oct-16 09:48:16

Well then you'll just have to suck the price up or not get one.

bullshift Thu 20-Oct-16 10:11:28

If you don't want second hand then you'll surely just have to buy one new?

I'm one of those people that you're not interested in who has used one from day one. My 9 month old is still in the Grand.

bullshift Thu 20-Oct-16 10:12:24

(I should add he sleeps from 7pm - 7am in it.)

I didn't get one until 7 months - my lo liked the feeling of being next to me and it really did the trick.

firsttimemum15 Thu 20-Oct-16 10:55:34

Was your little one next to you in it then bump and how old.

I know I'll have to pay the price for new one that's why I thought I'd ask before buying. O really don't know what to do though

Unicorncatsack Thu 20-Oct-16 11:50:38

Well you won't know til you buy cos all babies are different

firsttimemum15 Thu 20-Oct-16 11:52:08

I know but just trying to harness experiences

fluffikins Thu 20-Oct-16 19:23:32

My dd sleeps on her side in here and I see her put her arm out and she kind of hugs the side and it seems to comfort her as if she's hugging me

firsttimemum15 Thu 20-Oct-16 19:28:12

When did u start us8ng yours

fluffikins Thu 20-Oct-16 20:39:12

I said up thread that I used it from quite early on. I was just trying to say how she uses it for comfort. I'd imagine it'd be the same whenever you introduced it.

I'm pretty sure John Lewis have a returns policy that means you can try it and return of it doesn't suit. You'll need to check that though!

firsttimemum15 Thu 20-Oct-16 20:52:06

Oh I know fluffy. It's nice. Sorry reply is curt coz I was doing a lot. It's cute that she does that I really hope my baby would do the same if I got one... xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now