My 23mo super sleeper has gone on the blink

(4 Posts)
MrsPeel1 Sun 16-Oct-16 20:28:08

My 23mo dd has been a super sleeper. So good that, after ds who is still a rubbish sleeper, it threw us. She'd do 6.30-7.30 easy peasy. Suddenly she's up at 5 (or earlier) and refusing to nap (although she will at nursery and the day my mum looks after her).
I have considered (and ruled out): temperature, noises, teeth.
I strongly believe it's because her brother has just started sleeping past 6...
She's broken isn't she?

Any ideas?

Joesmummy2 Mon 17-Oct-16 13:45:25

No real advice but wanted to let you know you're not alone - my DS has just turned 2 and was a reliable 7-7 sleeper who settled for naps and bed, in the last 2 weeks he's waking at 4 or 5 and taking over an hour to go to sleep after screaming and refusing to nap even though he's exhausted! I'm clinging to hope that it's a phase or a sleep regression and will pass! Fingers crossed it is and we get our sleepers back very soon.

MrsPeel1 Tue 18-Oct-16 07:23:53

Thank you! I know in sleep terms it's not the biggest deal. DS has never slept throigh the night and was a horrible (non) sleeper as a baby.
It's just a phase it's just a phase it's just a phase

MoonlightMedicine Tue 18-Oct-16 07:28:02

It's just a phase! Major sleep regression around this age, hope it passes quickly for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now