16 month old gone from sleeping through to being up every hour!

(4 Posts)
Fairy45 Sat 15-Oct-16 19:50:52

What the hell is this about?? Shes been a good sleeper from 9 months. The first 9 months were hell and at 9 months i had to suck it up and do controlled crying which worked a treat. But now she is horrendous. I think its been about 2 weeks of this! But tonight she went down at 7pm and shes been up since 7.20 screaming! It gets worse if i go in to soothe her. She has a dummy she has had for ages and Im in no rush to remove it at night because uo to now it has really helped. I put her to bed on calpol because she has had her hands in her mouth all day pretty sure her top double are coming through. I moved into a new house 6 months ago and my new neighbours are absolute arseholes about hearing her cry in the night so I dont dare leave her to cry which results in her getting middle of the night cuddles which i know is just making matters worse!! Help???

shrimpysmummy Sun 16-Oct-16 07:25:23

Hello, miserable isn't it! My dd is 15 months old and we have had about a week of this recently. Her brand new shiny teeth have just popped through and now she has reverted back to her usual sleeping pattern. I wonder if perhaps you just need to ride it out for a few days and it will then get better again. But it's horrible isn't it! Hope last night was better for you! brewflowers

GoodStuffAnnie Sun 16-Oct-16 07:32:45

Have you looked in her mouth? My ds did this recently and he had loads of blisters on his tongue. I think hand foot and mouth. I've got 3 children and hf&m can be really tough. Just accept it how it is in short term and make adjustments. Go to bed early, cancel days out etc, sleep on mattress on floor, have a nap, take to doctor.

Fairy45 Sun 16-Oct-16 11:44:13

Thank you! I hope she reverts back soon, I worry that it will last so long it will become normal! Yes i think she is cutting some teeth so hopefully its just that. Thanks for the advice and its good to know its not just us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now