If you've successfully used a gro clock what age did you introduce it at?

(10 Posts)
handsfree Fri 14-Oct-16 06:03:37

Ds turned 2 a couple of weeks ago.
Since he finlly started sleeping through in May he has started the day around 5am, the last 2 days have been 4:30 and this morning I just cried because I am so tired and fed up.
Is he a little bit young for a gro clock still or is it worth a go?

TitaniasTits Fri 14-Oct-16 06:06:24

I think DD was about 3, and it worked brilliantly.

My DS is 2, and exactly the same as yours, so I have no helpful advice but tons of sympathy. It's hell, isn't it?

Gingerelle Fri 14-Oct-16 06:07:08

Mine youngest dd turns 2 soon and I'm wondering the same. 4.30 start for us again too. TBH I think it's too early for the clock- my eldest didn't really 'get it' until 2.5/3 (and then mostly ignores it still). I think dropping/cutting down day time nap might be our first move. Coffees all around in the meantime!

TitaniasTits Fri 14-Oct-16 06:08:06

Sorry, meant to say I think my DS is too young, so haven't tried it. I know my SIL tried it with my niece at that age and it didn't work. Be interested to hear if anyone has heard differently though.

handsfree Fri 14-Oct-16 06:09:02

I was thinking about hanging on until about 2.5 but I'm getting desperate!
I don't even drink coffee! Is it too early for wine?! 😩😩

Loraline Fri 14-Oct-16 06:09:36

Ds was a few months off 3 and loves it. My brother used it earlier - just under 2 1/2. He didn't pick up the concept as quickly but it did help and he's staying in bed longer now.

daisiesinherfootsteps Fri 14-Oct-16 06:14:20

We got it around 2 and, sorry to say that was a bit too early. Our DC didn't speak much until closer to 3 so we couldn't properly discuss the concept. However by closer to 3 is started working brilliantly and we still use it now age 6. It's a brilliant thing, as she will roll over and check it but won't get out of bed until the sun wakes up.

No harm in getting it now though. With a try and will definitely be great within a year so don't be disappointed or write it off.

CaurnieBred Fri 14-Oct-16 06:15:49

We used a night light on a timer rather than a Groclock but the theory is the same. I think DD must have been around 3

confusedandemployed Fri 14-Oct-16 06:31:37

Used it at 18mo - limited success, 2yo tried again - total failure. Only just dug it out this week to persuade her (3.8yo) to stay in bed as she's creeping into our room at 5am ish - new thing, she has always slept pretty well. It's worked like a dream so far!

taggies Fri 14-Oct-16 13:23:08

DD was 2.5 I think. He's nearly six now and it still works like a dream.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now