3 month old falling asleep earlier and earlier

(2 Posts)
Mimicat44 Sun 09-Oct-16 18:07:16

At two months old my DD would go down for the night at around 9pm and gradually this has got earlier and earlier and stabilised at around 7pm until very recently which was ideal, but over the last few days she's been falling asleep at 6.30 and today she fell asleep at 5.45 - this seems to be getting very early, or is that ok? Ideally I'd like her to sleep in a bit later in the morning, she's currently awake and ready to start the day at 5am. She usually wakes up twice in the night to be fed at midnight and 3-4am hence 5am being a bit of a pain to wake up for the day. Should I try to keep her awake until 7pm?

FATEdestiny Sun 09-Oct-16 21:53:53

So much will change with regards to sleep over the coming 6 months that it's hardly worth worrying about.

To answer you question though, you need to address daytime napping not night time sleep so make routine changes like wake up and bed time. Sounds like baby usnt getting enough daytime naps in the afternoon so is exhausted by early evening.

A rough estimate would be to expect 30-45 minutes sleep followed by 45-75 minutes awake time, 30-45m sleep 45-75m awake, 30-45m sleep 45-75m awake (and so on) repeated throughout the daytime from 7am ish through to 8pm ish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now