14 week old has two 7oz bottles every night, fed up. Tell me it's normal?!

(14 Posts)
WineSpider Tue 04-Oct-16 08:46:54

It seems like every other baby i know is sleeping through, or at least only having one feed if bottle fed.

My elder child was on one feed per night at the age then slept through occasionally from about 4 months, and reliably from 6 months.

DH and I are sharing the feeds which helps but it's knackering. He is certainly hungry as he drains the bottles.

Please tell me the is normal and that he will sleep through one day?!

HappyHeart87 Tue 04-Oct-16 08:57:29

At 14 weeks?! Yeah, absolutely within the parameters of normal and yes will improve with time.

mouldycheesefan Tue 04-Oct-16 08:59:11

Normal. Do one feed each and be glad it's not triplets.

user1471421772 Tue 04-Oct-16 11:11:05

14 weeks is tiny! Totally normal, you're lucky it's only 2 wake ups, my youngest is 6 months old next week and gets up more than that!

Artandco Tue 04-Oct-16 11:21:24

When are you feeding them?

I.e. I used to feed mine in the evening and last feed around 11pm so they then did sleep through until morning at that age. However I wouldn't expect them to go 7pm-7am

WineSpider Tue 04-Oct-16 14:59:32

Thanks. I think i know it is normal really, just hard when other babies seem to be giving their mums a full night's sleep...

He goes to bed about 7.30 ish after his feed so i guess it's not too bad. I'm just a bit obsessed with sleep...

Lighthouseturquoise Tue 04-Oct-16 16:43:24

Definitely normal.

My second was a worse sleeper than my first.

You could always try a dream feed but those never worked for me.

TychosNose Tue 04-Oct-16 16:47:30

Other mums are lying. Waking twice a night at fourteen weeks is actually pretty good ime. You'll get better at coping with the broken nights.

Heirhelp Tue 04-Oct-16 19:53:05

My 20'week old has recently added another night feed. She now has three feeds of 8oz a night. This is way more than she has during the day.

RayofFuckingSunshine Tue 04-Oct-16 19:58:12

Definitely normal!

I tend to not always believe everybody when they say their young babies are sleeping through. Often their idea of sleeping through and mine are very different. Or at least I hope so, currently nearly 7 month old DD is still up around every 45 minutes, but she is bf and I've started just bringing her to bed with me so I can doze as she does it herself.

Heirhelp Tue 04-Oct-16 20:38:30

My little one did sleep through for two blacks of five nights but see above. Babies just do what babies do.

NapQueen Tue 04-Oct-16 20:41:23

Yep normal.

Sadly.

WineSpider Tue 04-Oct-16 21:33:51

So selfish aren't they? wink

He is extremely cute though, must be nature's way.

Though nature can be assured i am not having anymore....

Night night, for now!

Ca55andraMortmain Tue 04-Oct-16 21:41:17

Other mums are definitely lying. Or if they aren't deliberately lying then they have a different definition of sleeping through than you do. I know someone who says her son sleeps through, but he snoozes downstairs in the living room with them, waking for feeds as needed until 11pm, then goes in his crib where he sleeps until 4.30- 5 am and is then up for the day. I count sleeping through as being from 7-7 and my 1 year old DD has still never done it. She does sleep in blocks of 5-6 hours though which I'm fine with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now