18m sleep regression..hand holding please

(5 Posts)
tiredybear Mon 03-Oct-16 09:36:38

My LO is determined to break me...he's very nearly succeeded. Never slept well, wakes 2-4 times a night. now we've hit another sodding sleep regression, he wakes and won't go back to sleep. for hours. was up from 12.45 to about 5am.
so sick of this shit.

isthistoonosy Mon 03-Oct-16 09:42:20

I know it goes against the advice but we dropped / cut naps at 18/20montjs and it massively helped with the night waking. They haven't needed to pick the maps back up and seem happy as they are.
Good luck

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 03-Oct-16 09:50:37

I'm with you OP.
My Dd is 17 months, and over the last few weeks or so, her night time sleep has turned to rat shit - the only thing I can put it down to is 18m regression!! She's up minimum of twice a night, and waking at 5/5:30am every day, then dozing/chatting/singing loudly to herself in 15-20 min bursts until 6:30, which is the earliest I'm willing to get her out of her cot!!
No sound advice really, but you are not alone!! I'm hoping this will be like the other regressions we experienced at 4 months and 10 months where she just snapped out of her little funk one day and started sleeping in her normal pattern again!!

tiredybear Mon 03-Oct-16 09:57:28

Mybreadiseggy - i hope that happens soon for you. My problem is his normal sleep pattern is shit too. feel like I've been tortured for the last 18m with no end in sight.

isthistoonosy - naps were always an issue, he only started having proper naps (i.e. longer than 30mins at a time) from about a year old. He's recently (in the last month) dropped down to 1 nap of 1-2 hours and can definitely not get through the day without it. Glad it worked for you though.

isthistoonosy Tue 04-Oct-16 20:05:53

Dc1 dropped naps altogether but dc2 continued witj a 20 min Power snooze

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now