Nap times for a nearly 1 year old

(4 Posts)
Bodypumpaddict Sun 25-Sep-16 07:47:24

Wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions on what nap times I should be aiming for with my nearly one year old?

Currently up around 6.30am ( fantastic!) and doesn't seem to be sleepy until 9.45/10am for her first nap which is generally at least an hour and a half. Then afternoon nap is around 3pm until maybe 4. Bedtime is 7.45pm and by this time she is tired and generally goes straight off (fantastic!).

Ideally I'd like bedtime to be 7.30pm... Do you think she's napping too much in the day? I feel like her morning nap should be shorter and her afternoon nap longer... That seems to be the general pattern for babies and would fit better with going to groups. But I can't work out how to make that happen.

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading X

FATEdestiny Sun 25-Sep-16 16:09:23

He's not napping too much in the day (at that she my dd had two 2 your nnsps and 11-web at night). But I think the afternoon nap is too late. If he was woken by 3pm then he's more likely to be ready for bed 7.00-7.30 ish.

So to make a 3pm wake up time, you have to work backwards. I would limit the morning nap to maintain an afternoon nap of, say, 1.30-3.00

Maybe aim for a 9.30-10.30 morning nap where you wake her at 10.30am so she's tired enough for an afternoon nap 1.30-3.

Bodypumpaddict Sun 25-Sep-16 18:37:02

Thanks...that does sound better. I'll have go at that.
Thanks for taking the time to reply X

neversleepagain Sun 25-Sep-16 19:16:15

I woke mine at 7:30am for their first feed, morning nap was 9:15-10am, again i woke them at 10. Afternoon nap was 12pm-3pm. Bedtime was 6:30pm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now