10 week old squirming in early hours

(7 Posts)
Kazups22 Fri 16-Sep-16 11:13:48

Hi all just wondered if anyone elses baby does this. My dd sleeps at 8pm then is up at 10pm for a feed after which she sleeps peacefully until around 3/3.30. After this point she is up almost every hour or 1.5 hours wanting to feed or squirming and being quite restless. She used to do this up until 6 weeks which we put down to being gassy but this resolved itself and she has been fine until this week. She is on cow and gate comfort milk with dr browns bottles and fine during the day. Also using gripe water. Is this normal until her digestive system matures or is it something else? Thanks

fluffikins Fri 16-Sep-16 11:37:32

You could try cycling her legs. It may be a dairy intolerance so Google cows milk allergy and see if the symptoms are similar. My baby has been up every 1.5 hrs since she was born and she's now 16 months - still does it

Kazups22 Fri 16-Sep-16 11:39:36

Thanks for your reply. How is your lo during the day?

fluffikins Fri 16-Sep-16 13:17:44

She's fine during the day, but she does have cmpa and before we realised she'd be very upset a lot of the time during the day, a struggle to feed (bf) and hours of crying in the evening. Different baby off dairy smile

Tumtitum Sat 17-Sep-16 18:49:33

My DD did this and it drove me MAD but it stopped after a few weeks! I think it's just their digestive systems maturing

Kazups22 Sun 18-Sep-16 08:31:14

Thanks for your reply tum! What age did it finally stop?
The strangest thing happened last night. She went to bed at 10 then woke up at 3 had a feed then woke up again at 5 so i swaddled her even though past attempts have been met with crying like youve never heard! She still grunted occassionally but has been asleep since! Its now 8.30. Hoping its not a one off fingers crossed

Tumtitum Sun 18-Sep-16 10:09:00

That is awesome! Mine never took to swaddling sad I think it lasted a few weeks, seemed like forever at the time tho!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now