Need sleep

(5 Posts)
Starfish25 Fri 16-Sep-16 06:17:33

Hello. My lb is 7&1/2 months he used to be a good sleeper but now for some reason he wakes up at 3am talking away. He used to wake up at 5/5:30 what has changed? He's been doing this for nearly 2 weeks I am well and truly tired. I can not cope. He goes to bed around 7, I've tried putting him to bed later but it's always a struggle. We went a way for a couple of days to see the in laws, so we were getting back to the hotel past his bed time an still he woke up wide awake from 3. I have tried changing his nappy, white noise and giving him a bottle. I don't know what else to try 😩😴😴

Heloise1982 Fri 16-Sep-16 06:33:04

I feel your pain! Just posted about something similar myself, my 7 mo twins have been waking for the day at 4 am for weeks. It's truly horrid.

How much does your son sleep during the day? I'm wondering if mine are sleeping too much during the day, but no idea how to fix it confused I'm a zombie!

So sorry no solutions but lots of sympathy.

Starfish25 Fri 16-Sep-16 06:55:08

Oh my word I thought it was bad just one doing it but you have twins doing it. That's double tiredness!

I always thought he slept a lot but my mum thinks it's a good thing? I really don't see how lol. He's wanting to have a sleep right now but I've put him on the floor to play but give it about 10 mins and he'll kick off to be put a sleep to which he will sleep up to half an hour then at 10/10:30 he'll sleep and hour or so then while I go out shopping - about 1ish he may have a little nap but not always that's about 15 minutes then again at 4ish another nap till tea time.

How about your little two?
Thanks for the reply too 😊

Heloise1982 Fri 16-Sep-16 09:20:02

Well to be fair, one baby being awake will wake its parents just as much as two babies being awake, so not sure it's any worse in that regard! Although it is double the 4 am volume, and there's always the joy of one waking the other up.

Mine always have 3, often four naps a day, including at least one long one that can be over 3 hours! (If you check out the post on day time / night time sleep ratio I've put it down in more detail.) they've always been phenomenally sleepy babies - their first 6 months they spent either asleep or crying because they weren't asleep. Which is what makes it all the more frustrating that the one time they consistently want to be awake is at 4 in the morning.

There seem to be so many variables and I don't know whether to just wait it out (they can't wake at 4 am forever... Can they???) or try to fix it somehow. Aaargh!

MessyBun247 Fri 16-Sep-16 12:04:36

My almost 8 month olds sleep hasnt been good for the past week or so. I think its partly a huge brain development spurt and will hopefully settle down again soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now