Baby wants to sleep on side / front

(8 Posts)
bippitybopityboo Thu 15-Sep-16 19:54:31

Posted in parenting but then saw there was a sleep board
I'm so worried my baby sleeps in a chicco next to be crib in a summer gro bag and a vest at the moment.
For the past 2 weeks he has flipped himself onto his said and sometimes even his front when he sleeps I have been popping him back onto his back as everywhere advises this is safest however he then either wakes up or turns back over. I'm worried sick on a night he's staring to skeep really well and I can only cat nap cause im checking all the time how he's laid. I'm so worried about SIDS I don't know what to do for the best

Luckystar1 Thu 15-Sep-16 19:57:50

I was sure that the advice no longer applies once they can move themselves, although I may be wrong.

I think though they say the co sleeper should be closed once they can move.

I would say take your sleep while you can!

My DS (22 months) sleeps on his front as so pretty much all of the other children I know.

mumofhandsomeboys Thu 15-Sep-16 20:00:06

Both my DS slept on their tummy as soon as they could roll. I tried rolling them back like you do but unless I went in every 10mins all night long (not happening!) it was pointless. So long as they have head control to turn their head I think it's ok.

BettyOBarley Thu 15-Sep-16 20:00:28

How old is he?

My DD decided at 6 months on our first night on holiday to start sleeping on her side so we spent a sleepless week checking on her every 2 mins!! grin

I think I have heard the same though that as long as they are able to roll back themselves it is OK.

bippitybopityboo Thu 15-Sep-16 21:51:50

He is 9 weeks! He rolls to the front but can't roll back again!

Kiwi32 Thu 15-Sep-16 21:57:17

My baby slept on his side from birth, no other position would do. Once he could roll he was straight onto his tummy. Personally, I would relax if he is asleep on his side. I would imagine a healthy baby who is strong enough to roll onto his front is strong enough to make a fuss if he is struggling to breathe. And you don't have to worry about him getting a flat head!

Kiwi32 Thu 15-Sep-16 22:07:20

Just another thought... When I was a baby advice was to have babies sleep on side/ front... My mum used rolled up towels/muslins to keep me on my side.
If you're really worried about rolling onto front you could try that? At least on his side airway is definitely clear and you could maybe relax and sleep. Enjoy it now before teething starts!!

Chequeredpast Fri 16-Sep-16 19:23:10

My LO did this too for a short while when really young. She couldn't roll but would somehow tip herself over. She stopped doing it after a short while and then slept on her back again until she was a lot older - around 9 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now