Sudden early mornings

(6 Posts)
MyBreadIsEggy Mon 12-Sep-16 07:02:43

My Dd is 16 months old, and has been a really good sleeper for a while now.
Usual day for us is 6:30/7am wake up, nap from 11:30am-1/1:30pm, bed at 7pm.
For the past two weeks, she has woke up every morning between 5:30am and 5:45am. There has been no change to her usual routine so I can't understand why! I treat it as a night waking - go in, give her a dummy if she's lost hers, lay her back down. But within 5 mins of me leaving the room, she up again, chatting and singing to herself...loudly! I've been leaving her in there until 6:30am, unless she becomes upset, then I'll go get her sooner.
Any ideas why she's suddenly become a very early riser??

FruitCider Mon 12-Sep-16 07:05:26

She could be overtired. My daughter needed a 6pm bed time at that age along with 2 naps! Have you tried moving their bed time earlier?

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 12-Sep-16 07:35:41

Fruit I did start to think maybe the days (most days) where her midday nap is only 1.5hrs, she could be over tired by bedtime - we usually finish dinner around 5:30pm, then she has an hour of play time before we go up for a bath at 6:30pm, but for that hour she is seriously hyperactive hmm could that be over-tiredness do you think?
I was worried about moving bedtime earlier because then I thought she would be getting too much sleep in the whole 24hr period and that would make things worse IYSWIM?

Mol1628 Mon 12-Sep-16 07:46:45

I think they just go through phases and change all the time. Could be teething, physical or mental growth. I find it easier if I try not to explain it and just go with it. My 19mo has started waking at 6 instead of 7:30, just happens sometimes.

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 12-Sep-16 07:48:58

Mol she went through a similar thing at around 10/11 months and did just snap out of it after a few weeks. I think I'm finding it harder this time and trying to "fix" it because I'm 33 weeks pregnant and feel permanently knackered....5:30am is not a welcome visitor blush

MyBreadIsEggy Tue 13-Sep-16 08:34:48

Put her to bed a bit earlier last night.....she woke up even earlier this morning....5:10am sad did get her to go back to sleep for 20 mins, but she was still up at 5:30am and on a mad one.
I'm hoping that she will adjust back to normal when the clocks go back?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now