No sleep for 8 months

(3 Posts)
carmells Sun 11-Sep-16 07:05:15

I am extremely sleep deprived as my DT's have not slept at night for more than 2 hours since they were born. For the past few months I have been up every hour breastfeeding one or the other. I'm getting a bit worried now as the past few nights I've had a strange feeling in my heart whilst led awake at 2am. Can lack of sleep cause physical harm ?

Coconut0il Sun 11-Sep-16 21:14:23

Definitely get checked out carmells. I don't know about physical harm but sleep deprivation is torture. Do you have help? Any time that you can just sleep for a bit day or night?
My DS2 slept through for the first time at 9 months so there is hope.

HmmHaa Sun 18-Sep-16 13:28:47

Go and get checked out, definitely.
Sleep deprivation did actually make me sick when DD was younger. I was BFing her and she was a nightmare sleeper for the first year.
My bones and joints hurt so much that I lost a bit of mobility, I had recurrent chest infections which I look back on now and wonder how the hell I thought it was just being 'a bit ill and run down'

As it turns out, the aching was chronic sleep deprivation and my body was too weak to fight off infections. And yet in the middle of it all, I had normalised how bloody awful I felt all the time! It's only now that it's better that I realise what feeling well actually means!

Look after yourself x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now