Help! Twin not sleeping!!!!

(2 Posts)
Wapping5225 Wed 31-Aug-16 13:41:15

We have 11 month old twins, boy and girl. Both go down to bed about 8pm after having had dinner and a bath. Whilst the boy may wake once, twice during the night and is pretty easy to get back to sleep, our girl wakes 6, 7, 8 times a night and refuses to go back down unless she is given milk.

Most nights we have to separate them as when she wakes, her crying wakes him up, so often I end up sleeping in the front room with him whilst she goes into our bed with her mum.

During the day they both have two naps and have no problem eating and they are insanely active, crawling and climbing everything - you wouldn't believe that she barely sleeps at night!!!

We know she's teething but she refuses to take the dummy and won't sleep without the breast. My wife has had on average about 3-4 hours broken sleep a night since they were born and I'm pretty sure she is reaching the end of her tether!!! I've tried looking after our daughter at night but she will only go back down with her mum!!!

Anybody able to offer any advice???

FATEdestiny Thu 01-Sep-16 13:19:31

I would suggest separating breastfeeding and sleeping. Try cuddling/rocking to sleep instead initially.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now