Wakes/squirms advice please

(7 Posts)
Mummy2lilC Wed 31-Aug-16 05:43:05

Falling asleep while typing this. My LB who will sleep great from 8pm till about 3/4am. Then at the same time every morning he will wriggle and squirm. Will put hands over face and whinges sometimes look.
Has your LO had anything like this?

He does have reflux but I thought it was better as he seemed more settled and now he's gone back to wriggling it's keeping me and partner awake. Suggestions please?

angelicjen Wed 31-Aug-16 05:50:28

That's a typical time of night fir silent reflux babies to be in pain because of some kind of acid dump. Ranitidine sorted it for us.

Mummy2lilC Wed 31-Aug-16 06:06:03

That was next to try with him, wanted to hold off giving him it but looks like he might need it. Thanks

scoobyloobyloo Wed 31-Aug-16 06:11:17

Personally i wouldn't be giving a baby ranitidine just because he is wriggling at 4am.

Does the reflux bother him at other times? Is it affecting his breathing/feeding? Does he cry/grimace/cough during his wriggles?

It may well be that this is just his natural sleep rhythm or it may be mild reflux but ranitidine is a pretty heavy duty drug for a little one if a wriggle/early wake up is the only symptom.

Mummy2lilC Wed 31-Aug-16 06:26:30

We have been to a Dietcian as he also has a milk allergy. She suggested the ranitidine and milk thickner. He squirms when having his bottles and also throws up a lot after his bottles. He also has acidy breathe sometimes in the mornings. Like you said it's a big drug to give a baby and I really didn't want him to have it but I'm stuck on what else to try sad

Mummy2lilC Wed 31-Aug-16 06:28:23

He does also cry and grimace when this wriggling is happening. Sometimes it's just a whinge other times it will be a sudden screaming cry.

scoobyloobyloo Wed 31-Aug-16 10:58:08

How about just trying the thickener first? It may solve it. We've been prescribed omaprezole but seem to be managing with just gaviscon at the mo.

Is he gaining weight ok? Does he find feeding distressing?f

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now