What's happened?!

(3 Posts)
Starfish25 Fri 26-Aug-16 06:14:01

Morning! I'm a ftm and my lb is 7 months tomorrow. He loves his sleep but for the past two weeks he keeps waking through the night. He goes to bed around 7pm and that is a push! He used to sleep until 5/5:30 from a young age but last night must have been the worst yet, he just wouldn't settle. He has had me awake from half 1 fidgeting around. When I give him a bottle during the night he thinks it's time to get up. I don't know what to do. He is teething so he had calpol before bed. Is this the problem or is this a normal thing they go through? Appreciate any help x

FellOutOfBed2wice Fri 26-Aug-16 06:44:15

Certainly my DDs sleep got worse between about 6months and a year and then improved again. But also is it hot where you are? I'm in London and DDs room as been as hot at 32 degrees at bedtime at points over the last two weeks so we've had to take extreme measures to cool it down.

bigfriendlygiant Fri 26-Aug-16 08:40:08

I was smug from 3 months to about 7/8 months because ds slept from 7pm-6am. He's now 11 months and I've learnt to function on about 4 hours of broken sleep a night. I think at that age it's a variety of things from developing attachments, learning new skills, teething, etc..

I try to keep it calm and quiet with little interaction when he wakes before 6: I try shushing and back rubbing and if that doesn't work we have a quiet cuddle. I only offer him water at night. There's been a few nights when he's ended up in bed between me and dh, and he sleeps really well which makes me think it might be an attachment/ comfort thing for him.

It's bloody hard but as the pp said, it will get better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now