Is a car nap as restful as a cot nap?

(5 Posts)
InsaneDame Mon 22-Aug-16 12:13:23

DS 2.4 has been napping in the car for the last few days as resisting cot naps but really needs to sleep. He has about and hour in the car and is going to sleep half am hour quicker at bedtime, which is great! But he just seems really tired, I'm worrying the car nap isn't giving him as good a quality nap as the cot one was?

isthistoonosy Mon 22-Aug-16 12:18:55

For mine once they were in forward facing car seats car naps were ok if really tired but no where near as good as the pram (neither cot napped over 6months).
I guess its just not as comfy or settled.
Could you do cot quite time and then he can nap when he needs it or just play with a book on days he doesn't need a nap.

allypally1983 Fri 26-Aug-16 19:17:04

We used to take our dd out in the car and then when she was sparko, we used to carry her in and put her in her cot where she would sleep for a good hour at least. Worked very well til she dropped the nap at 3.1 years

InsaneDame Sat 27-Aug-16 08:09:44

He had been doing ok and napping for an hour in the car but yesterday he woke after 35ins and was very upset. Might try carrying him inside once he is sleeping (although he has been sleeping through 11hrs+ since he has been napping less!) Slightly complicated by us putting him into a bed tonight for the first time.... Wish me luck!

Diddlydokey Sat 27-Aug-16 08:11:33

Once we moved to a bed ds would only nap on the sofa.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now