Which white noise toy?

(16 Posts)
MartiLou Sat 20-Aug-16 00:58:34

We've been using a white noise app and it works wonders on our LO. But I don't like the fact that the phone is next to her all the time and that I can't use it. So I think it's time to upgrade to a white noise toy. Which ones do you recommend? TIA!

MaisieDotes Sat 20-Aug-16 01:03:17

We have Ewan the dream sheep and he's great.

The only thing is that the noise switches off after 20 minutes. Oh and he eats batteries, but we do use him a lot, as DS has him on before each nap and then at bedtime and multiple times through the night.

LiliLo Sat 20-Aug-16 01:09:42

I swear by myHummy! (http://myhummy.co.uk/)
It plays the sound for 60 mins which is long enough for baby to fall asleep properly. But that's not all! It also has a sleep sensor so it 'knows' when your baby is stirring and waking so the white noise starts again. And it even has a non-stop mode (for up to 12 hours, I think). Honestly I can't recommend it enough. A lot of my frinds use Ewan and they love it , because white noise works, but myHummy offers so much more. And it looks great, you can choose from many different styles smile

Gem14716ArchieB Sat 20-Aug-16 01:46:01

We have s Ewan and a Slumber buddy and prefer Ewan. Whilst the Slumber buddy projects pretty stars on the ceiling and I use as a great nightlight for night feeds, Ewan is a much softer white noise. Plus with the Slumber buddy you have to click through a few lullabies and white noise options to find the one you want which can be a pain.

I'll do however agree with the previous post the Ewan's biggest downfall is that he stops after 20mins.

This my hummy looks a great. If only we hadn't already spent the equivalent on two toys already. smile

MaisieDotes Sat 20-Aug-16 12:54:07

Oh we have a slumber buddy too!

The DSs have one each, but we generally just use them for the lights, or a lullaby while getting ready for bath. The white noise sound on our ones isn't crackly enough!

MaisieDotes Sat 20-Aug-16 12:54:51

< goes to investigate my hummy >

BettyOBarley Sat 20-Aug-16 13:02:08

I agree about most of them switching off after a short length of time.

Do you have an ipod or mp3 player? We put the white noise on there and used a speaker dock.

LiliLo Sat 20-Aug-16 17:07:13

I forgot to mention that myHummy is machine washable which is a great advantage when your lo starts munching on everything including the teddy bear grin

deathb4decaf Sun 21-Aug-16 01:02:22

We've got Ewan too but have the same problem of it switching off at 20 min. I've been eyeing up the whisbear, Apparently it does 40 mins noise and also has a cry sensor.

deathb4decaf Sun 21-Aug-16 01:03:00

Off to check out myhummy now too!

MartiLou Sun 21-Aug-16 11:20:09

MyHummy looks like a cut above the rest! I think they must be new, at least in the uk, I've never heard of them before (and a lot of the websites and reviews are in German). But if it's as good as it looks... Lililo which one do you have if you don't mind me asking? What's the quality like? They look superb in the pics!

polkadotdelight Sun 21-Aug-16 11:28:12

www.mothercare.com/light-sound-and-music-toys/cloud-b-nighty-night-owl-smart-sensor/141924.html

We bought one of these for a tenner on facebook after Ewans legs died of overuse. Its really good, goes for up to 45 mins (you choose), has a sensor so will come on with sound and volume control. I wish we'd had it from the start.

LiliLo Mon 22-Aug-16 02:15:54

I think myHummy is quite new in the UK but popular across Europe. This is their website: shop.myhummy.co.uk
I have one called Filbert, the old-school looking one with a bow-tie. I love it! The quality is great, can't complain about anything. I think it will make a great toy for years to come, even after we stop using white noise for sleep. Hope it helps!

MartiLou Wed 31-Aug-16 23:01:38

Just an update from my end smile I decided to go for myHummy Sleepy Head, a cute little thing! It's not much more expensive than Ewan, but offers so much more in my opinion. I love how it sounds compared to a mobile phone. We've had it for a few days now and it's been an instant hit with LO. Thank you all for advice, much appreciated!

StepfauxWife Sat 17-Sep-16 10:31:48

I'm just about to buy MyHummy after years of loyalty to Ewan. But DD2 seems to wake after Ewan stops, which is really bloody annoying. So I'm drawn to My Hummy.

Does anyone know what kind of white noise it plays? DD2 likes the womb swooshing noise. Is there an equivalent on the Hummy?

MartiLou Mon 19-Sep-16 19:33:29

There are 5 sounds to choose from, one of them is 'amniotic fluid with heartbeat'. There is also sea, rain and 2x hairdryer - which I use all the time, works great for us!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now