13 month old doesn't sleep at night

(3 Posts)
Tattersail Wed 17-Aug-16 09:27:52

Posting for advice on behalf of my friend.

Her little girl is 13 months and has never slept through the night. My friend is a first time mum and totally convinced she's doing something wrong. Her DD used to wake up maybe once a night but now it's constant, usually every 1-2 hours and last night was particularly rough. She was wide awake and no matter what they did she screamed when they tried to get her back to sleep.

At this point in time they co-sleep and her DD is still breastfeeding and often wakes her in the night to feed.

She's had so much advice from her friends so far. She's tried moving her naps, giving her supper, music, a night light, having the room cosy, having the room cool, etc etc and nothing has had any effect.

If anyone has any advice at all that they can give I'd be very grateful, I have 2 children myself and I know how hard it is when they won't sleep (although not to the same extent)

Tattersail Wed 17-Aug-16 14:31:24

Bump

fluffikins Thu 18-Aug-16 21:27:06

My 15 month old wakes about twice a night and is still breastfed. I'm not sure what to suggest but perhaps moving them to a different room where they can't smell the milk might reduce the number of wakings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now