11month old 2 hour screaming match at bedtime!

(7 Posts)
MrsWakey269 Wed 17-Aug-16 00:18:39

Sorry if this has been posted before. I'm new to MN.
My 11month old DD has always been a brilliant sleeper day and night but this past 2 weeks her sleeps have been erratic and putting everyone in a horrible mood.

She started originally not sleeping through the day and screaming and crying when getting put down for a sleep even though nothing had changed routine wise or day to day wise. Then when she would eventually fall asleep it was for 20mins at the most. Those seem to have slowly worked themselves out through perseverance but now we are having issues at bedtime.

We have the same routine at bedtime. Sticking to the 4 b's - bath, bottle, book, bed and we have done this routine from her first few weeks. So we stick to the routine and everything is fine until we actually leave her in bed and she promptly screams and cries her heart out after we have left the room. I have tried CIO, soothing until sleepy but not asleep, etc etc etc but nothing works and it's become a 2 hour battle to get her to sleep. Once she is asleep she is out for the count and don't hear a peep till 7.30am touch wood but now I'm at my wits end on what to do and DH isn't much help as he is up to her in minutes as soon as she lets out the slightest whimper even after we have talked about not doing it.

Any tips or advice is helpful

Thanks

fluffikins Thu 18-Aug-16 21:28:31

Personally I'd abandon her self settling and cuddle her to sleep. Nicer for everyone smile

Treetopchallenger Thu 18-Aug-16 21:45:05

Yeah I agree. Abandon the self settling for now. Much calmer all round to give cuddles until she is over this phase/illness etc.

Rhythmsticks Thu 18-Aug-16 21:49:29

I would just cuddle her. Leaving her to cry sounds horiffc, don't do it!

Coconut0il Fri 19-Aug-16 22:38:50

Agree with above I'd just stay with her and cuddle her till she's asleep.

MrsWakey269 Sat 20-Aug-16 19:45:48

Thanks for the advice everyone. The situation has resolved itself as I discovered the next day that she has. 6 teeth all coming thru at once and has been so much better since they broke through the gum. Back to my brilliant little sleeper again now just grumpy thru the day lol gringringrin

Coconut0il Sat 20-Aug-16 20:03:46

Awww 6 teeth, no wonder she was screaming, Glad she's almost back to normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now