Nap nightmare

(4 Posts)
LaceyLee Thu 11-Aug-16 14:51:00

19 month old usually naps for 1.5-2 hours at nursery. Today she's off with just me and slept for 30 mins then woke up crying. I spent 45 minutes trying to get her back to sleep. So much for a relaxing afternoon. Any ideas?! She doesn't sleep overly well at night either and never has. She goes down much better for her dad or nursery than me even though I do the same things.

Lilaclily Thu 11-Aug-16 14:54:03

When mine were that age they tended to nap one day and then skip a day
I know it's really hard but I'd just keep going with her, don't try to get her to nap for 45 minutes just carry on with your day
If she often naps after lunch take her out in the car or pushchair and maybe if she drops off you'll get a bit of peace, this weather is great for parking up at a bench with a magazine

Lilaclily Thu 11-Aug-16 14:54:32

Or this time of year, it's warm and sunny where I am

LaceyLee Thu 11-Aug-16 18:33:40

Hi Lilac I think you may be right about skipping a day. I eventually got her up and she wasn't tired. Unexpected as she fell asleep really easily and quickly. Just get worried that she will be angry and fired for the rest of the day. Unfortunately here in the north west it's not hot or sunny so I don't think it can be that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now