PND or pure exhaustion

(5 Posts)
dottydee3 Wed 20-Jul-16 13:32:00

Feel like I'm getting into a pickle. Dc2 is 10m and we've had an awful like recently teething/a cold then the heat wave and also separation anxiety as I've started working 1-2 days a week. Also have a nearly 4 yo.
Nights have been dreadful and I'm beyond exhausted. But not just not enjoying things I usually would. I'm not organised with preschool stuff/work stuff and generally just a bit vacant. Not able to maintain conversation, I've distanced muskeg recently from other mum friends. Just trying to gauge if this will pass or I have some other problem.
Sorry to sound so moany, just so sad and want my mojo back. Any insight appreciated
Tia

Playduh Wed 20-Jul-16 13:33:43

'Nights have been dreadful and I'm beyond exhausted.'

Think you've answered your own question! Moan at will smilebrewcake

dottydee3 Wed 20-Jul-16 14:23:53

Ok thanks, any suggestions to get my crabby baby to actually sleep?!

Sun16 Fri 22-Jul-16 10:51:23

I was in a pretty dark place when my DC2 was 10 months old, that's all I can say. Exactly as you describe. Just inhabiting a different planet sort of. I don't know how it will be for you, but I suspect that when you're getting more sleep you will feel much, much, MUCH better. And when your dc starts eventually giving you a full night on a regular basis (whenever that will be) - christ, you won't know yourself smile

Never underestimate what sleep deprivation does to your brain.

dottydee3 Sat 23-Jul-16 10:16:23

Thank you, I'll just keep repeating this top will pass and hope to start feeling like myself again sometime soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now