Controlled crying, night waking and night weaning

(1 Post)
graysor Mon 18-Jul-16 14:52:15

I'm pondering whether controlled crying is the way to go to help get my 7 mo dd sleeping better ( ie not waking every hour till getting up at 4 am ).

She is still breast fed and feeds a few times during the night at around midnight and 3 ish. But also wakes every hour, but isn't hungry. All wakings up to about midnight my dh can easily resettle her either with a hand on her tummy or a quick pick up and cuddle. But when she wakes around midnight he can't settle her at all And she will have a full feed ( rather than just a comfort suck to resettle). After this we tend to get a few wakes when she is easily settled before needing another feed.

So I guess my question is, in order to successfully do controlled crying do I need to night wean first ? It would be cruel to leave her to cry when she is hungry. So how can I do this?

Tips and success stories for those who have done something similar would be very welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now