4 year old acting strange/restless unusual for him

(1 Post)
LONC2012 Sat 16-Jul-16 22:26:58

Hi all,

My 4 year old DS wanted to sleep in my bed tonight (daddy went away on Monday and he usually tries to sneak in) however this time round I said he can stay one night a week.

Anyway it got to 8:30 (late for him) I said come on settle down now. He eventually drifted off about 9 and then started tossing and turning, his hands flapping and in the end I said to him to stop doing it or he would have to get back in his own bed.
He then continued and I asked him again to stop, he then got out the bed and laid on the floor with a pillow. Eventually he got back into my bed, I had turned lights off at this point and settled down myself and he continued.

I then got up to our babies dummy back in and as I was in his room my DS stormed off huffing to his room and shut the door. After about 5 minutes I went to check him, he was sat upright in his bed so I said come on settle down now, I'll put your lamp and set your clock on and you get some sleep.
He settled down for all of 2/3 minutes? Then I heard him tossing and turning and huffing away to himself and then I went in and he had got on his SS bed which is a toddler bed underneath his high sleeper not really a suitable place to sleep so I spoke to him and gave him a hug and back to bed.

I can hear him again now starting to huff to himself. I am quite concerned as it's very unusual behaviour for him, he is usually a very good sleeper. There's no temp or anything. Any advice on how I get him to sleep?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now