3 year old getting out of bed

(4 Posts)
lyssie29 Sat 16-Jul-16 20:40:03

Hi, my 3 year old has previously been really good at staying in her bed after lights out. She'd talk to herself for 20 minutes or so and drift of but the last week she's getting up 10-15 minutes after being put to bed. I also spend 15 minutes in her room reading to her but then straight away she's acting up saying she wants to read more books or she wants water. I always say no (she always has water next to her bed anyway) and say night and walk out. 10 minutes later she's back in the living room. Sometimes she has though of an excuse (tonight was her doll wasn't in her room) and sometimes she just looks at me and waits for me to take her to bed. Tonight I sent her to bed without actually taking her as she was waiting for me to hold her hand to take her. How do I get her to stay in her bed after lights out? Her bedtime is quarter past 7.

lyssie29 Tue 19-Jul-16 07:15:06

Anyone?

WiltingTulip Tue 19-Jul-16 07:19:54

Is she an only child? Can't help sorry, sounds like my house every night. We just repeat sending them to bed, some nights just seem to be worse than other nights.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 19-Jul-16 07:22:03

Send her back to bad, every single time with no interaction apart from ' it's bed time now' the first time you do it.

Ime it'll be hell the first couple nights then she'll get the message.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now