Going on holiday/ routine

(7 Posts)
mrsmoomoopoopoo Fri 15-Jul-16 06:43:35

Morning,

We go on our first family holiday in August - dd will be 10 months by then.
Not going far, just going to Ireland to visit dh's mum for a week.

Dd sleeps in her own room and has done since she was 7 months old. She has a good routine and sleeps pretty well with one wake up in the night about 4/5am. Goes to bed at 6.30/7pm and sleeps until 6/7am.

My question is....going away how much will this mess her routine up? I'm asking as when we return we only have 3 weeks before I go back to work and she goes to nursery.

Also, when we get to dh's mums she will be sleeping in a travel cot. Does she sleep in our room or do we put her in a different room to us to sleep?

Anyone had any similar experiences to share?

Thanks

newmumwithquestions Fri 15-Jul-16 06:55:28

If she's in her own room at home then keep her in her own room. Otherwise she may get used to you being there and she'll have to get used to being on her own again when you get home.

I'd recommend getting a travel cot mattress if you haven't already - the things they come with are horrible (just check the travel cot size first, they will be one of a couple of sizes). DD slept terribly the first couple of times in a travel cot, we now have a couple of travel mattresses we use and she sleeps much better so I think she was uncomfortable the first times.

newmumwithquestions Fri 15-Jul-16 06:58:48

Also in general keep as much the same as at home (whatever your routine is eg bathtime then stick to it). They are surprisingly portable - it's you she needs and as long as she has you she'll be fine.

newmumwithquestions Fri 15-Jul-16 06:59:25

And finally have a good time smile

mrsmoomoopoopoo Fri 15-Jul-16 06:59:47

Thanks newmum I will put her in her own room on holiday then.

Are the travel cot mattresses quite thick? I was thinking of buying one and taking it in our suitcase as I need to get one anyway. Would it fit in a suitcase?

Thanks

newmumwithquestions Fri 15-Jul-16 11:06:37

Hmm we have 2, one fits a typical travel cot size and doesn't fold and wouldnt go in a suitcase. One fits a normal cot size but folds (I think it was Hauck?) - it's still very bully folded - I'm guessing about 60x40x20 cm so would take up a lot of space, but is very light so if it's a big suitcase you could pack around it.
There may be other options though - we've driven on our last few holidays so space wasn't an issue.

newmumwithquestions Fri 15-Jul-16 11:07:19

* bulky not bully

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now