Dropside cot

(6 Posts)
ComeLuckyApril Fri 08-Jul-16 22:10:00

Has anyone bought one recently and can tell me where from and if they like it? I'm very short and I don't think I'll be able to lower her into a fixed side cot but will need to once she outgrows the snuzpod.

Fomalhaut Sat 09-Jul-16 10:38:35

I haven't seen any on sale for quite a while. I think they've been deemed unsafe ( I'm short too, so very annoying!

Cakescakescakes Sat 09-Jul-16 10:46:12

I don't think they make them anymore? We have one but its 10 years old. I have a very petite friend who has a little step beside her babies cot so she could reach in and out. Like a toddler step you would use so they can reach the sink etc.

ComeLuckyApril Sat 09-Jul-16 16:45:06

Oh that is annoying! Will test the step idea out.

Nottalotta Sat 09-Jul-16 22:44:48

Ds is in a cotbed which has three height settings on the mattress. It's on the middle one at theminutes, he's nearly one. I'm resisting putting it down to the low setting as I have no idea how I will get him in there without waking him.up!

Gillian1980 Sun 10-Jul-16 00:23:04

I'm 5'6" so pretty average height I guess and my goodness do I struggle to lower DD into her cot without waking her. But saying that I'm not sure I'd be able to lift the cot side back up on a drop side cot without waking her either!

Could sleep through a carnival while napping in the buggy but will wake at the slightest thing at night 🙄

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now