Taking ages to settle

(3 Posts)
lifeisaconundrumattimes Tue 05-Jul-16 20:37:38

My DS is 22 months. We've had a few minor bumps along the way sleep wise but generally he's a good boy and will sleep through until 6:00/7:00. He will sometimes wake early but these seem to come in waves and be teeth related.

Anyway. At nap time he'll pretty much always drop off to sleep within 20 mins. Short story, cuddle and dummy and he's off. Occasionally needs a quick 10 minute cuddle. That's fine.

Bedtime is a different story. He's a right monkey. Great routine, bath at 6:30, story around 7:00 and lights out around 7:15. It's generally takin him an hour to get to sleep if not an hour and a half. Meaning he's not actually asleep until 8:15/8:30 most night. If he's then up at 6am he has only had 10 hrs sleep.

He naps between 1-2 hours in the day from 12:30-2:30. If we are home I can put him down at 11:30 and this makes it easier at bedtime but nursery want them to all sleep at 12:30. If he only sleeps an hour he's still manic at bedtime.

I wouldn't mind if I could cuddle him to sleep but I go up and he just laughs at me and wants to play. If I try to cuddle him he pokes at my face and just writhes around.

Any ideas?? Tips??

isthistoonosy Tue 05-Jul-16 21:00:57

If he can manage on 10hrs can you either / and keep him up a little later (maybe a bit of supper would help him sleep.in?) and put some toys/ book in his cot to.play with before he settles to sleep

isthistoonosy Tue 05-Jul-16 21:02:34

Or you could split his nap.if nursery will do that so 30min at 1100 -,1130,and then 1300-1400 and see if that helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now