Wont transition from Moses basket to crib

(3 Posts)
spydie Thu 16-Jun-16 14:29:08

DD is 4.5m old, and up until now has been sleeping well in her Moses basket. She's been a great sleeper since she was born, and slept through from about 4 weeks. She generally has her last feed about 8-8.30 ish and then goes down, either asleep or put down awake and settles herself. She'll then sleep until 6/7/8ish. Naps, typically a power nap (45mins ish) in the morning, a good 2-3 hour nap from lunchtime and then another power nap around 5ish. The power naps take place wherever she happens to be, and she goes in her basket for her big nap, 9 times out of 10 is awake and settles herself.

As she's almost outgrown the basket, we've purchased a space saver crib so she can stay in our room with us. She had quite an unsettled sleep the first night in it, she slept all night but was quite fidgety (trying to roll over in her sleep) and 'ooofy', and I did give her the dummy a couple of times. Generally she uses the dummy to fall asleep and then drops it, we put it on the side and she never wakes needing it.

Ive not had much luck managing to get her to settle in it for her day nap though. First time she settled straightaway and slept about 45 mins before waking up. She wouldn't then go back down in it, until I gave in and put the basket inside it, and then she just settled in there straightaway, and had a good couple of hours sleep.

I don't think it's a regression as she sleeps fine in her basket, it's just the crib! I guess she doesn't feel as secure as there is more space? Any ideas on what we can do to make her more comfortable?

FATEdestiny Thu 16-Jun-16 14:46:02

What about a sleepyhead mattress or similar?

spydie Thu 16-Jun-16 14:54:57

That did cross my mind... She spent a night in hospital and they rolled up pillowcases inside a pillow case so it was nest like, and she slept all night despite being in the 'open air', so to speak...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now