bed sharing with wriggly baby

(3 Posts)
catlike1979 Tue 14-Jun-16 12:47:49

Not sure I am after any answers here as probably no solution, but just some moral support!!

I bedshare with my 5 month old DS from about 4am when he usually won't be happy going back in his crib. I'm a light sleeper which probably doesn't help, but the last few weeks he just wriggles SO MUCH it's driving me crazy! Every time I just about drop off he wiggles and kicks and wakes me up. Anyone else have this problem? It's probably my light sleeping that doesn't help but it's driving me mad perpetually just getting into a doze then being pinged back awake.... anyone else having the same thing?

DollyBarton Tue 14-Jun-16 12:50:34

My 6mth old is the same but I'm finding the opposite. She seems relieved to go back in her cot where the thrashing and whining stops and she goes to sleep. At this stage I realise I'm disturbing her and she's ready for her own room. Half happy, half sad.

CobsAhoy Tue 14-Jun-16 14:22:29

My DD was a real wriggler from about 4 months until about 7 months, it was exhausting! Im a real light sleeper too and was like a zombie for a while, but she's 8mo now and keeps fairly still when she's asleep now. I think the wriggling peaked at 5months with my DD as that's when she started really trying to move, it was almost like she had itchy limbs and just constantly wanted to roll/flail around, even when she was asleep.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now