another one of those threads....

(5 Posts)
flipflopson5thavenue Sat 11-Jun-16 05:37:18

DS2 is 19mp and for the past I can't remember how long - months - has been waking at 4:15-4:20am every morning and won't go back to sleep. He shares a room with DS1 (3.10yo - who is also an early waker - 5/530am) I always end up giving up and bringing him downstairs to avoid him waking his brother EVEN earlier, and end up watching cartoons on fucking Netflix because CBeebies isn't on yet.

Every. Single. Morning this happens. 4:15am. THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!

CarlGrimesMissingEye Sat 11-Jun-16 05:48:31

We are in this cycle. Same age son. Same crazy waking time and older sister also being early. Happens until he summer when no amount of black out material seems to help.

DH and I operate a system where each weekend I end we get a turn for a lie in. It's my turn today but I can't sleep. At least I'm not downstairs playing mega bloks smile

How long until they're old enough to sort themselves out?

HalfStar Sat 11-Jun-16 05:51:36

Ha! Second time this week my 19 month old got up at 4.30 and will not go back to sleep. We're out walking, hopefully she will drift off for a bit in the buggy. Older sibling does wake at a normal hour at least.
It must be the time of year. Animals v loud at dawn around here.

c737 Sat 11-Jun-16 08:31:00

I just came on to post how both of mine are killing me with this at the minute. 8 month old Ds is up at 4.45 every morning swiftly followed by his 2.4 yr old sis up at 5/5.15. Just can't function at that time and feel really guilty as have been so snappy with dd this morn but she is just so whingey and tantrummy at this time as she's still tired. She goes bk to bed and tops herself up whereas I am left feeling exhausted for the day as have Ds too so can't just go bk to sleep with either of them.

It just totally throws out the whole day for Ds too as I have to try and factor in 3 naps to get him through the day.

It has been going on for months for us. Ds is clearly an v early waker, has been since day one, but dd used to go 7-7 before he was born. Wtf happened?!!

I just feel like if they could both push it to 5.30 I could just about cope but perhaps I would still be moaning if it was 5.30!

LapinR0se Sat 11-Jun-16 12:40:28

What's his overall routine like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now