Night terrors at 2 months.... help!!!

(7 Posts)
Sofie565 Thu 02-Jun-16 09:22:58

Hello there

I have recently been diagnosed with PND. After having an episiotomy and struggling I started supplementing breastfeeding so the little one had some colic.

Now he's crying a lot in his sleep and sometimes screaming. His eyes are shut and he'll go back to looking peaceful after a minute. He sleeps in moses basket next to my side of the bed.

It's happening a lot though. Any suggestions to try help him?

Sofie565 Thu 02-Jun-16 09:23:45

*supplementing with formula

SmallLegsOrSmallEggs Thu 02-Jun-16 09:26:12

Is it colic? Or reflux? At that age it is almost bound to be physical discomfort rather than nightmares.

FATEdestiny Thu 02-Jun-16 17:08:17

Dummies can often give a lot of comfort for babies who have colic or reflux. The sucking reflex is naturally soothing.

Also feed often.

Sofie565 Thu 02-Jun-16 22:41:46

I think it may just be reflux. He's a bit on and off with poos as well at the moment. If he can't go (like tonight) he will be uncomfortable and not sleep for a while.

My partner is against dummy's. However I'll be reading up on it. Would anyone recommend a certain type? I believe I got a MAM one somewhere. He's been trying to suck his thumb a lot.

Have increased his feeds today as well

FATEdestiny Thu 02-Jun-16 23:22:16

Very few first time parents go into parenthood thinking "Ah yes, I hope to give my baby a dummy". The realities of having a baby, just like the reality of childbirth, are often very different to what you expected.

Dummies tap into a baby's natural and normal instinct to gain comfort by suckling. They are used by millions for good reason - the simplest and gentlest no crying sleep solution.

My children have preferred the cherry teat dummies, but every child is different. I have heard lots of others recommend MAM dummies.

You may need to hold the dummy in place to calm a newborn, they don't have strong sucks or jaw muscles, compared to older babies.

SmallLegsOrSmallEggs Fri 03-Jun-16 17:07:45

Dummies are also good for reflux ime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now