Sorting out DD 4 and her sleep

(4 Posts)
rhetorician Wed 25-May-16 21:11:05

Happy normal little girl, absolute nightmare with sleep and we are all run ragged. She insists that someone stay while she falls asleep, which takes the best part of an hour. Then every single night at some point she will appear in our bed. She does just get in and go to sleep, but often it's hard for me to get back to sleep. DD1 feels the injustice of this very keenly (she's 7) and feels back for me and DP. DD1 doesn't like being left on her own (they share a room) but I suspect this scenario isn't helping the rivalry between them, nor are either of them getting enough sleep. I just have to go cold turkey, don't I? rapid return both at bedtime and when she wakes in the night?

fluffikins Thu 26-May-16 05:36:58

I've only got an 11 month old so no experience but could you try something like a book about sleeping on your own (there must be one!) and getting her to choose some new bedding or something? Explain she's a big girl now and mummy and daddy need their bed to sleep in on their own and she has her amazing new bedding so she can do the same in her bed??

Mycraneisfixed Thu 26-May-16 09:57:57

Rapid return and no conversation!
It works within a few days (nights?) but it's hard goingconfused Good luckwine

rhetorician Fri 27-May-16 20:12:02

Yup you're right. It's the only way. Easier said than done when already shattered!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now