Sleep after leap 5?

(5 Posts)
stellak9 Mon 23-May-16 09:49:21

So we are almost at the end of leap 5 and it has been a tough month for all of us. My baby boy has never been a good sleeper but after leap 4 he had 3 nice weeks where he slept calmly and woke up only twice to nurse.

A bit before leap 5 the restless nights started.. Waking up every 1-2hrs crying, nothing would calm him, not rocking or hugs or dummy, only nursing. However during the day he nurses every 3-4hrs. We cosleep and I can see him trying to fall back to sleep, he rubs his eyes, rubs his whole face, moves his head left and right, kicks his legs, slams his arms but cannot sleep again and he cries. And this has been going on every single night for a month. His naps however are more or less unaffected.

Leap 4 was hellish but this is a tough one as well. To those of you who have been through this, did sleep go back to normal after the leap? Please give me some hope!

Floggingmolly Mon 23-May-16 09:50:49

What is leap 5?

stellak9 Mon 23-May-16 09:53:17

It's about their development, google wonder weeks. It explained so many things for me.

Zaurak Mon 23-May-16 13:53:26

How old? I'm a bit dubious about wonder weeks...

Zaurak Mon 23-May-16 13:58:12

Anyway, I think you just have to kind of rude it out. They change so much so quickly. Ours has never been a good sleeper and we've had periods of slightly better and much worse sleep. Absolutely nothing we've done has helped or hindered so we've just changed the focus from trying to make him sleep (which we can't control) to letting him get on with it, rolling with it and finding coping mechanisms.
My advice honestly would be co sleep, roll with it and make sure your partner is doing their share so you can get blocks of sleep.
Sleep deprivation sucks! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now