too much sleep?

(5 Posts)
pandora0 Sun 22-May-16 22:45:51

Is there such thing as too much sleep in a baby? My dd is 3 and a half months old and she's going right through the night now from around 8pm to 8am, and only on the odd occasion will she wake in the night for a feed. In the day she will also nap every hour- hour and a half for half an hour to an hour each time. Is this a lot or normal for her age? As you can probably tell this is my first child wink and I guess I just expected her to sleep a lot less than this! Obviously I'm not complaining haha as I can get more housework done and I know each baby is different but my mum told me all the time when I was pregnant that by 5 weeks she'll be past napping the the daytime because I was? When I mention how much she sleeps in the daytime people almost expect me to say she doesn't sleep at night and I'm constantly getting comments like 'if you let her nap again today she won't sleep tonight!' But she always does! I've tried keeping her awake by playing with her etc but she just gets so grumpy until I put her back in her cot for a nap! Once she's tired she's tired that's it she NEEDS to sleep. I feel silly being worried that she's sleeping too much but I've just not come across a baby that wants this much sleep before? Any advice welcome smile

Miffyandme Sun 22-May-16 22:48:31

I'm no expert but all I can say is enjoy it whilst it lasts. And do post back at 6 months, and 9 months, and 18 months....grin

pandora0 Sun 22-May-16 22:50:55

I am enjoying it very muchgrin just wanted reassurance that it's normal haha (I'm a worrier) when she was newborn she literally NEVER slept, I was getting an hour or two a night if I was lucky so this is just very different for me haha, maybe she's just catching up on what she missed out onwink

Tumtitum Mon 23-May-16 20:57:39

They say that sleep begets sleep so enjoy it I say!!! She sounds wonderful! grin

pandora0 Tue 24-May-16 01:02:48

Haha she really is amazing smile must just love her sleep like her mummawink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now