naps 3.5 year old

(8 Posts)
clarella Tue 17-May-16 16:15:04

Just a bit of a straw poll really, no advice needed.

So many 3.5 year olds still need naps? He's started to go the odd day without but to be honest is saner and better behaved if he does nap. When poorly or after two days at nursery it can be 2-3 hours! Bed will be later on those days but he sleeps better if he has a nap.

YerAWizardHarry Tue 17-May-16 16:17:43

My 3.3 year old hasnt napped regularly for over 6 months

Kikibanana86 Tue 17-May-16 16:19:29

I have a 3y 7m and a 2yr 5m and neither have napped since about 2 all kids are different though he obviously needs it I wouldn't worry.

AStreetcarNamedBob Tue 17-May-16 16:20:03

My son is 4 next week and still has an hour after lunch. Behaviour much worse without it.

Daughter is 2.5 and still has 90 min nap and couldn't cope without.

RoganJosh Tue 17-May-16 16:20:51

My eldest dd did but I'd limit her to 75mins or it impacted on bedtime.

Jackiebrambles Tue 17-May-16 16:21:24

My son stopped at just before 3. It got to the stage that he wouldn't go to bed til gone 9pm when he had a nap. He's fine without. He has got pals who still need one though.

ProfessorPickles Tue 17-May-16 16:22:01

DS is coming up to 3 and still has 1-2 hours on an afternoon. Since 2 he has been able to miss them without having a complete breakdown anymore, but even now he is far better behaved with a good sleep. He can go without but then you have to tread extremely carefully around him from 5pm onwards grin

clarella Tue 17-May-16 16:59:43

Thanks - I do limit it if he's not poorly.

I risked it today and he's done quite well considering how much running and scootering he did this morning. However the last half hour has reminded me why he still needs a nap!

'Feral drunk' are the only words to describe!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now